Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sold BMW M Coupe "Breadvan" For Sale - Choice of S50 or

Status of item for sale, now as sold
Status
Not open for further replies.

squelch

As there's been a couple of "other marques for sale" recently I thought I'd post a rare and even rarer car for sale here. It's a reluctant sale, but due to an imminent new arrival I simply do not have the space and don't want to leave one outside.

I have a 2000/X BMW M Coupe S50 (engine from the E36 M3) in Titan Silver with black leather, comprehensive service history file and only 62k miles and 4 previous owners.

I also have an extremely rare (only 165 UK RHD cars made) S54 M Coupe (engine from the E46 M3)which is the last but one made, build date April 2002. Sapphire Black with Imola red and Black leather with 99k miles and also a comprehensive service history. It was featured in BMW club's "Straight Six" magazine.

These cars are a real hoot to drive and get admiring / quizzical looks wherever they go. I plan to only sell one of them. Both cars are in outstanding condition throughout and the wheels on both cars have been recently refurbished due to the lacquer lifting.

I hope it doesn't infringe any forum rules but I'm not entirely sure what to ask price-wise, so if you're in the market for an M Coupe then feel free to explore the market and drop me a line. Suffice to say both will be significantly cheaper than anything currently advertised.

If you're interested to know more please just drop me a line.

Thanks

Attachments

• img_8202_1_118.jpg
    img_8202_1_118.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 216
  • 1_1_773.jpg
    1_1_773.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 216
Hi interested in the Black one, what is the asking price please.

Thanks
Lee

Hi Lee,
As stated, I'm not really sure, but under market price. Have a look what's out there and drop me a line. If it's a number that tickles my fancy then we can explore further.

Hi
Could you please PM with what sort of figures you are looking at on both cars?

Many thanks
Max

Re: BMW M Coupe "Breadvan" For Sale - Choice of S5

squelch said:
As there's been a couple of "other marques for sale" recently I thought I'd post a rare and even rarer car for sale here. It's a reluctant sale, but due to an imminent new arrival I simply do not have the space and don't want to leave one outside.

I have a 2000/X BMW M Coupe S50 (engine from the E36 M3) in Titan Silver with black leather, comprehensive service history file and only 62k miles and 4 previous owners.

I also have an extremely rare (only 165 UK RHD cars made) S54 M Coupe (engine from the E46 M3)which is the last but one made, build date April 2002. Sapphire Black with Imola red and Black leather with 99k miles and also a comprehensive service history. It was featured in BMW club's "Straight Six" magazine.

These cars are a real hoot to drive and get admiring / quizzical looks wherever they go. I plan to only sell one of them. Both cars are in outstanding condition throughout and the wheels on both cars have been recently refurbished due to the lacquer lifting.

I hope it doesn't infringe any forum rules but I'm not entirely sure what to ask price-wise, so if you're in the market for an M Coupe then feel free to explore the market and drop me a line. Suffice to say both will be significantly cheaper than anything currently advertised.

If you're interested to know more please just drop me a line.

Thanks

Hi mate I would rather cut to the chase and you PM what you want for the car.

Re: BMW M Coupe "Breadvan" For Sale - Choice of S5

Boba fett said:
Hi mate I would rather cut to the chase and you PM what you want for the car.

:agree:

If you stick something up for sale then you should have to put up a price IMHO :judge:

We know you're not a messer but surely it helps you and others responding to numerous PM's etc :dont know:

GLWS...how much is the black one :?

:grin:

Yes, that's fair enough I guess. These cars can be very "marmite" so I really just wanted to offer interested parties who may know the value / market to get in touch (and also hopefully avoid any debate over prices a la M3 Cutters style).

But to cut to the chase I think around £28-29k for each is a good price based on what else is on offer (and bearing in mind I have a firm trade offer in hand).

Obviously it's a numbers game on the S54 with only 165 UK cars - the cheapest S54 on the market is £31k with 119k (I know that car too). Then there's a 45k miler for £53k.

S50's are rare but not quite as rare (about 1000 uk cars) and start at around £26k with around 120k and lots of owners in some cases. With 62k and only 4 previous owners it should really be £35k but I've had it for a few years and obviously bought it for less than that.

I have trade offers on both but it will just break my heart / annoy me when I see them advertised for >£35k a week after a reluctant sale and I'd rather see an enthusiast enjoy it. I simply can't house them both and would rather not leave one outside.

Neither car has been seen much on "the scene" although the black S54 went down a storm at the Silverstone Classic earlier this year (pretty much its only outing) including taking part in the parade lap on the circuit and briefly appearing on ITV's coverage of the event.

The silver one had done 11 miles in the last year until I did around 60 miles in it yesterday and it didn't miss a beat. These things always draw attention and yesterday was no different and a tussle with an M2 was great fun too! I also enjoyed trundling along in the inside lane of the M40 seeing the quizzical looks from the passengers in passing cars - so many people simply don't know what these things are!

Anyway, suffice to say I reeeeaaalllly love these cars and always have done!

Great cars :thumb: I have had a Black S50 for 10 yrs and will never sell it.

Went to Goodwood FOS in it this year and had the best drive I have had in years, early empty roads, late empty roads.....just the right level of power to be able to drive it hard, it feel fast and still be under jail time speeds.

Regards numbers, RHD S50s there were 821 made, approx 500 left in UK, so not as rare as the S54s but still not common.

BLWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron2325
Back