Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

992 C4S Now delivered !

P992GAM said:
Looking to get my first Porsche and placed my deposit for the 911! Was told by dealer that im looking at around May/June. Does that sound right? Does anyone know what sort of allocation and how many will be delivered per month? I was told they will get 3 a month and from March to to May they will deliver around 9 and that im 10th on their list? Or is that just sales talk?
Nice one.:thumb:
I'm sure someone knows better than me, but it is probably mixtures of sales talk and truth.

Guildford didn't have any hard and fast facts last week, so I would assume it is not too far from the truth. If you're giving them money i would assume they want you to get it to you as soon as possible to finalise the sale.

Tell us your spec!

P992GAM said:
Looking to get my first Porsche and placed my deposit for the 911! Was told by dealer that im looking at around May/June. Does that sound right? Does anyone know what sort of allocation and how many will be delivered per month? I was told they will get 3 a month and from March to to May they will deliver around 9 and that im 10th on their list? Or is that just sales talk?

it does vary from dealer to dealer, the launch typically results in a flood of orders (a lot fro the trade) and in only a matter of days you can suddenly be looking at a few months for delivery

Thanks for the replies and welcome
I notice that LED lights are standard, what are the benefits of the optional LED's at £699, are they worth getting?(I know the more expensive ones are the matrix ones)

P992GAM said:
I notice that LED lights are standard, what are the benefits of the optional LED's at £699, are they worth getting?(I know the more expensive ones are the matrix ones)
From what I understand it's the below bit that is the addition to normal LED:
Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus) with high beam assistent, dynamic cornering lights, speed-sensitive headlight range control

All seem useful to me in the wilds of Surrey....

Thanks for the reply. Spoke to dealer who said they go for training on the new 911 at the end of January and March will be first deliveries but still nothing confirmed. Seems like you will have one of the first ones in the UK, when do you have to lock your spec?

sideways said:
P992GAM said:
From what I understand it's the below bit that is the addition to normal LED:
Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus) with high beam assistent, dynamic cornering lights, speed-sensitive headlight range control

All seem useful to me in the wilds of Surrey....

Adaptive lights are a good option to have.

It also depends on the rest of your choice of options and others you are considering.

IMHO the following are strong contenders

PDLS - Porsche Dynamic Light System
Sports Seats Plus
Sports Exhaust System
Park Assist - Front & Rear

P992GAM said:
Thanks for the reply. Spoke to dealer who said they go for training on the new 911 at the end of January and March will be first deliveries but still nothing confirmed. Seems like you will have one of the first ones in the UK, when do you have to lock your spec?

Not sure when the final cut off is. Probably end of year. I'm set on my spec anyway so not worried about changing but i am very impatient!

The dealer says i should be good for early-mid March at present but will know for sure by mid Jan. These things have a habit of becoming elastic.... The Mrs sideways XC40 turned up 4 weeks early, so you never know!

P992GAM said:
Has anyone had any further details from their dealer/salesman?
No update yet. Expecting some news later this month. Apparently I'm top of the list at my opc do it will be interesting to hear other people's experience.

I've been offered a March build and delivery in April if i want to lock spec.

Sideways, am intrigued, why the front axle lift? I've never driven one with that.

Also, the glass roof, i've been thinking about that, wondered what it was like for squeaks etc?

6appeal said:
Sideways, am intrigued, why the front axle lift? I've never driven one with that.

Also, the glass roof, i've been thinking about that, wondered what it was like for squeaks etc?

The front axle lift for me is a must as my driveway entrance has a dip on the road as i go into it and i scrape the nose trim almost everyday in and out. I can sometimes get in from a specific obtuse angle but i look like a mental trying to do it! I also decided to not go for the 10mm drop in height for this reason.

Ive got a glass roof on the 991.2 and never had any issue with squeaks. I almost never open it ( other than my eldest opening it no matter the weather ), but i like the way it makes the cabin feel light and roomy. With the blind closed it still feels quite cosy. For me it's a definite spec option. Also i like seeing my bike on the seasucker's. Always an event that freaks out other drivers!

I'm sure these options add weight but i don't track my car and with 444bhp I think i'll manage :thumbs:

If money was no object i probably would have gone with adaptive cruise and night vision assist, but i had to stop ticking at some point...

Brilliant! Love your description of managing the dip. Have done that a couple of times previously if I've thought a risk. I definitely wouldn't do the 10mm drop either with mine as a daily driver, speed bumps would obliterate the car undertray. Lol.

Yes, likewise for me on the sweet shop box tick temptation.

(Am tempted by the glass roof, as have it on another car at home. But will try my hardest to resist)

Has anyone heard anything from their dealer after the training? Curious if any news on deliveries or when demo cars will start appearing in the OPC's.
I'm trying to be patient....

I've heard uk launch pushed back to end March

Waiting for Brexit! :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back