Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which CTEK? Trickle Charge

I have the comfort connect lead, attached to the battery terminals.

I have been using the same thing made by RING, half the price of CTEK and do exactly the same job. Available in a range of capacities, why pay more?

ian_alex said:
I have been using the same thing made by RING, half the price of CTEK and do exactly the same job. Available in a range of capacities, why pay more?

Need to compare Oranges with Oranges .....it's like comparing a 911 Turbo with a Nissan GTR........

It might say Battery charger on it but will does it have all the same functions, same options to connect to battery, fixed with comfort type connectors ? Or option to connect in power socket or even just the old fashioned way with croc clips ?
The Ctek has all these options , it's easily the best I've used and I have experimented with many types through the ages ....

Sometimes paying a little bit more for peace of mind Is well worth it ....

That's why we buy our cars isn't it ?

:?: :?:

Magic919 said:
I have the comfort connect lead, attached to the battery terminals.

Thanks. All hooked up now and charging.

+1 for Ctek MXS5.0 and the terminals connected directly to the battery.

Worth noting the ctek devices are battery conditioners rather than straight battery chargers, when the battery is charged they go into a maintenance mode to maintain the charged battery and are suitable for long term connection.

A battery charger if left connected will over-charge and wreck a battery.

Ive got e ctek 5.0 and it regenrates old batteries and does agm, motorbike ones and maintenace charging. Its a great piece of kit and has come in very handy.

Just make sure you remember to take them off before you drive off.

Ive forgot twice now once in the porsche where thankfully the plug ripped off and didnt cause any damage other than a small chip on the frunk. In my range rover i nearly ripped my porch down as it ripped the plug socket out of the wall and the extension lead got stuck in the letter box that id fed It through. I stopped at the bottom of the drive wih a very taught 10 meter orange extension lead coming from the bonnet pulling at the door.

The Ring charger/conditioners I use have all the features of Ctek in respect of connection and certain models can be used as stand alone chargers.
I certainly would not connect any rubbish to my car.
However, everyone to his or her own choice! I am certainly not pushing Ring and have no connection to the company!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back