Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Instrument Cluster - Binnacle

daborg

Trainee
A previous owner of my 996 added some decal covers for the OEM dials calibrated in KMH and in red.

They are bubbling, so I suspect the adhesive won't be strong and damage the surface of the original dials. I'm hoping to finally remove them as I fettle odds and sods that are bugging me!

Does anyone have any experience of removing the instrument binnacle to access the face of the dials?

Any advice welcome!

I was doing that at the weekend for a little project I'm working on.

I needed to get at the electronics on the back. There were a couple of screws, two clips, then unclip the connectors at the back to remove the back. Once you realise that the connectors latch in to the back it is pretty straightforward.

For what you want you will just need to remove the cover on the front which is easier. I am sure there are a few online guides on changing the dial faces.

MC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back