Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

992 C4S Now delivered !

sideways

Just confirmed my order for the 992.
Been told March delivery, possibly February. Apparently 2nd in the queue at the dealer. I've had a deposit down for a few months.
I was given an ok part ex on the 991.2.

Now impatiently waiting.....

Attachments

• iris_3_148.jpeg
    iris_3_148.jpeg
    321.4 KB · Views: 12,842
Great

So what's the full spec ?

Spec on the 4S

Gentian Blue Metallic
Black leather interior (Crayon stitching)
Electric slide/tilt glass sunroof
8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Sports exhaust system in black
Sport Chrono Package incl. mode switch
Front axle lift system
20/21-inch Carrera Exclusive Design wheels Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur Wheels painted in satin black Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
LED-main headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus) Rear wiper
Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors with integrated rain sensor
ParkAssist (front and rear) including reversing camera
Light design package
Sports seats (14-way electric) with memory package
Heated steering wheel
Roof lining in Alcantara®
BOSE® Surround Sound System

I know the rear wiper is contentious, I use it everyday (it's wet) and I just don't get ***** about that sort of detail 😀

Good choice of colour with Gentian Blue Metallic

You'll get the car in March, based on info on UK orders but I would assume you would want it as a 19 reg car.

A sensible spec :thumb:

Any other options from the endless list you were tempted with ?

Attachments

• 79f0414c_af25_44c5_ad73_fdd710b90e55_501.jpeg
    79f0414c_af25_44c5_ad73_fdd710b90e55_501.jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 12,786
911UK said:

You'll get the car in March, based on info on UK orders but I would assume you would want it as a 19 reg car.

I'm actually not bothered about plates. I have my own plate that I keep on the car.
Thanks for thumbs in spec. Only did about 100 versions before pushing the button.
I don't think I'll evor track it so rear wheel steer wouldn't benefit me enough of the time. I was tempted by the cruise control but I can't justify the cost against the 2 times a year I might use it. If it worked at 2 mph in traffic I'd be tempted!
For me it was a dilemma on wheels mainly. I like them all but felt most people would go for the RS ones so I'd be a bit different. My most frivolous spec was the Alcantara roof.

Nice work, Sideways! The 992 is really growing on me and I think you've nailed a great spec there! :thumb:

I can't believe there's a whole Interior sub-section for "interior wood" but I suppose they've got to cater for the US market. Although I couldn't see the optional 50 ounce Big Gulp cupholders...

The spec looks great and sensible,Alcantara roof was standard on the 991.2 and now it's a £870 option?,don't like the rear wipers but that's me,we're of to the OPC Sheffield tomorrow to spec an S up but it all depends on the offer I get for my 4S which was close on £120k when new including a £5k full clear PPF wrap,I seem to spec our cars up to well as the next owner gets the benefit.

sideways said:
911UK said:

I'm actually not bothered about plates. I have my own plate that I keep on the car.
Thanks for thumbs in spec. Only did about 100 versions before pushing the button.
I don't think I'll evor track it so rear wheel steer wouldn't benefit me enough of the time. I was tempted by the cruise control but I can't justify the cost against the 2 times a year I might use it. If it worked at 2 mph in traffic I'd be tempted!
For me it was a dilemma on wheels mainly. I like them all but felt most people would go for the RS ones so I'd be a bit different. My most frivolous spec was the Alcantara roof.

how does this spec compare to your 991.2 ?

911UK said:
how does this spec compare to your 991.2 ?

My 991 was poverty spec by comparison! Just £10k worth of options and that includes the PDK ...
The 991 was my first 911 and I was a bit overawed by the whole car and also budget. I've had a couple to boxsters and a cayenne and it was a step up in price.

I use the car most days so I like the comfort and the occasional A road blast.
I feel like I'm now ordering the car I should have when I ordered the 991. If only I had been a bit braver I probably wouldn't be buying a 992 as I still love my 991. Best car I've ever had.

Steve, I nearly fell off my chair when I saw that the Alcantara was extra. It's a bit daft to pay for it but looks and feels amazing.
I definitely don't stroke it every time I get in the car....
:puh:

Lovely spec you've chosen there. I'm excited for you! May I ask what they hit you with on PX? Might be a little too much of a personal question, but would help me in making a decision as I also have a 991.2. PM me if you don't mind sharing and ignore me by all means if that is just too private! Apologies if it is. Can't wait to see your pick up photos! Lots of (enjoyable) waiting to do now!

992 ordered

Well will have to stop going to Sheffield OPC it's to tempting and expensive, put a deposit down on a 992 CS ,not sure whether I'm convinced it's worth the extra spend over my 991.2 C4S ,will wait until I've seen one in the flesh before making a final decision.
Steve_w

Looking to get my first Porsche and placed my deposit for the 911! Was told by dealer that im looking at around May/June. Does that sound right? Does anyone know what sort of allocation and how many will be delivered per month? I was told they will get 3 a month and from March to to May they will deliver around 9 and that im 10th on their list? Or is that just sales talk?

Re: 992 ordered

Steve_W said:
Well will have to stop going to Sheffield OPC it's to tempting and expensive, put a deposit down on a 992 CS ,not sure whether I'm convinced it's worth the extra spend over my 991.2 C4S ,will wait until I've seen one in the flesh before making a final decision.
Steve_w

If I had a 991.2 C4S i'm not sure i would be changing. I am a bit of a new tech wh@re so it's still possible i would have!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back