Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The Aventura Adventure

MarkGolf said:
Stunning example!!

Really not helping my desire to sell my 997 and get a 993.
Y2K said:
I absolutely love this car; stunning colour. 8)
Thanks very much both, for your kind words! :thumbs:

Both the car & myself have been out of action for almost 6 weeks due to a very frustrating & painful shoulder injury :frustrated:. Really hope it heals up soon so I can get back behind the wheel. This period has made me realise that we should enjoy these cars whilst we can, in good health! :yes:

Comments like those generous ones quoted above, as well as this 'time off', have also calmed some adventurous thoughts I had been having of a repaint in a crazy bold colour :bandit: inspired by the likes of HPNer and Cameltoe & Heel.
After-all, it's a car for life...

Good luck with recovery and getting back behind the wheel fella.

Rubystone or Mint Green would be a break from the current trend of Blue's... :thumb:

C.

Many thanks cableguy :thumbs: appreciate it! Hoping to be able to get a decent drive in before 2019 arrives - the car hasn't been driven since Sept, or drunk fuel since Aug. A good runout is well overdue... I cannot wait! :D Almost there now, thankfully.

On the topic of paint, the new 911 (992 generation) was announced today, and Aventurine (or Aventura as we know it) has made a return to the 911 paint options :eek: 8) - remains to be seen whether it's the same paint formula as the 993 or a modified hue...

Glad to hear you're on the mend!

It always amuses me that there's no green in Aventura. Ty had fun creating several recipes with the black, blue and white paints before hitting on the one finally used on my car. He's happy though because he's now got that recipe in his cookbook.

:thumb:
Sutton said:
It always amuses me that there's no green in Aventura. Ty had fun creating several recipes with the black, blue and white paints before hitting on the one finally used on my car. He's happy though because he's now got that recipe in his cookbook.

Would've thought that rather than having to create recipes, or experiment with mixes to make an accurate paint colour, one would type the paint code into the paint supplier's database, and be returned with the right mix? :? That's how I thought it worked :lol:.

Not sure if Ty uses Glasurit or Standox or... but if you enter '39R' into Glasurit's website, you are returned with the following, which tells the painter the various quantities of paints to order & mix up...

HlH8WeD.png

Really wanted to see your car after the refresh, hope to do so soon :).

I think he was experimenting with different levels of flakes in the paint. It will be interesting putting our cars side by side to enable comparison.

I should get it back next week (48K service plus a few bits). Somewhere along the line, someone jacked the car up using a rear suspension arm so that needs replacing. :frustrated:

Sutton said:
I think he was experimenting with different levels of flakes in the paint. It will be interesting putting our cars side by side to enable comparison.

I should get it back next week (48K service plus a few bits). Somewhere along the line, someone jacked the car up using a rear suspension arm so that needs replacing. :frustrated:

:eek:

Sutton said:

How frustrating!

Yes - would very much like to meet up again and compare. If this month is doable, let's make it happen :thumb:.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back