Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

3.4 ragged/bore scoring

First off clutch and tyres at those milages are pretty excessive .. its been tracked or driven hard .

Its a 111 point check not 82.

Bore score can happen if its been thrashed when cold .

A piwis or indeed many other testers can see over rev limits and this is a pretty important check that is part of a Porsche inspection .. if you have range 5 / 6 then you have engine damage .

Over all if this is a car you are thinking of buying .. from this OPC then i would walk away .

OP HERE. So to settle this discussion once and for all, I have good reason to believe that it hasn't been thrashed. The reason for the clutch going so early was because the fella who owned it before had a disability (i wont mention what as he might browse these forums) and therefore was very heavy footed (and burnt it out). Obviously the dealer wasn't supposed to tell me but I think he felt he had to as every other buyer has asked him about the clutch. Of course he could be making it up but it makes sense. The dealer has a really good reputation and doesn't sell cars cheaper than 40k.

The new clutch was done by OPC at a cost of 3k, in addition to a health check and service, only 200 miles prior to me buying it. They surely would've picked up on something there. I have the health report to prove it.

The warranty i'm getting with the car covered claims up to 2k, till i raised the point that Porsche repairs aren't cheap, and he bumped it up to 5k.

So all in all, i think i got a good deal and i'll be sure to post pics when i collect it smile.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back