Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Thank you and goodbye! Car sold - Some final photos for you

Re: Thank you and goodbye! Car sold - Some final photos for

NinjaPower said:
Just a message to say goodbye! It's been emotional! :D

Thanks to everyone on 911uk for being so helpful and generally all round nice people over the nearly 9 years I've had the 993.

It's been an absolutely amazing car, I have loved every minute of it, and I will miss it, but time for a change after all this time.

The 993 absolutely deserves its reputation as a reliable, usable, and massively enjoyable classic.

Ignore the doom and gloom about 'nothing selling' at the moment etc. My car sold within 4 hours, for the full asking price, and I could have sold it 5 times over. I had several people offer to transfer me the full amount the same day without even seeing it.

A trader offered me £30k for it, and I was told by numerous 'classic Porsche experts' that I would have to accept approx £34k for a private sale. One well known classic Pork dealer told me he had barely managed to sell anything since June.

It was all complete lies. Lies I tell you! :D

Some final photos:

1-A38-E60-A-5-C31-4-D78-A28-D-87-AF62-C8-BA51.jpg

7-BD4-D8-D0-99-AC-4-B2-E-8832-489-DA1-E1306-C.jpg

0-F049276-5-BAD-49-C5-AE63-B1-A449-EB61-E4.jpg

9-F7-AACA7-BF1-E-46-CF-A638-400147436-F53.jpg

B09-E34-A6-3-B6-B-4-D10-80-F6-5-A2501-D00-B9-F.jpg

Time to go car shopping! :D

That has always been an impressive car :thumb:

Soooooooooo much beauty for c£40k. :worship:

To think that some people pay 100x that for works of art they can only hang on a wall.

That colour looks stunning. I think it would suit the newer models too and nicely dilute the amount of blacks, greys and silver cars we see.

NinjaPower said:
Asked £41k on a big Facebook retro/sportscars group, and my phone nearly melted.

Can you provide the details of this FB group?
Thanks

Congrats on the sale, Ninjapower - I'd be grateful if you would send me a PM with details of the group you sold your 993 on. Am still debating selling mine and swapping for an LHD aircooled piece of pork!

To all that asked:

They Facebook group I sold the car on is called 'Pre 1996 retro cars and parts for sale'.

130,000 members in it. Always people looking to buy interesting 80's and 90's cars.

As I mentioned, I deliberately avoided advertising it on the Porsche groups just because I think there is currently a self-perpetuating myth amongst Porsche people that prices have slid back a little and that cars are taking months to sell. I was also told I would struggle to sell because it was modified.

I personally think that the modified look is what sold it.

pzero said:
Congrats on the sale Tim, no shock you had little difficulty selling it. Anyone would struggle to find Arena Red looking as stunning as yours. :thumbs:

Thanks Malcolm!

It's been a pleasure to own the car and be part of this forum.

NinjaPower said:
adamw said:
Congrats on the sale Ningapower
Another long term 993 owner moves on.
I had mine 6 and thought that was a long time but 9 yrs is a testament to the 993 and how good it is?

You sticking around on 911uk?
What's next
All the best :thumb:

I'll still be around!

The Mrs has a Cayenne S, so I'll be relegated to the odd post in the Cayenne forum from now on!

Next for me? Ferrari 360 or Alfa 4C, but I simply cannot decide which one to buy.

First world problems and all that...

Zingers would steer you towards the 4C in a heart beat and can recommend some good onyx suppliers for the plinth it would live on for most of the year :grin: :grin:

By that rear wing still looks lovely. :D

You've nailed the look of that car Tim. Someone got a cracking deal there. :thumb:

As for your next car, scratch the itch for the dancing donkey. I had the chance of my mate's 360 spyder or my Mk1 GT3 a few years ago. No regrets as the GT3 was meant to be a keeper, but since I ended up selling it anyway I sometimes wish I'd at least owned a Fezza once.

Enjoy the search anyway. Good fun. :thumb:

Haven't been on here for a while but always enjoyed reading your posts and seeing pictures of your car. Enjoy the next journey. Well done on selling at a good price.

I am rarely on facebook but have asked to join the group and wil try and sell my BBS LM's.

Cheers

Tom

NinjaPower said:
Next for me? Ferrari 360 or Alfa 4C, but I simply cannot decide which one to buy.

It has to be a 4C chum. Come on in the water's great although it's a different experience :grin:

PS: I have a contact who can source you one if you want to go that way :thumb:

Hi Tim,
I have had a 360 Modena since 2014, and am happy to chat anytime.

Just PM me.

Lovely looking in Arena red!

What a beautifull 993 - what will you replace it with?

Zingari said:
NinjaPower said:

It has to be a 4C chum. Come on in the water's great although it's a different experience :grin:

PS: I have a contact who can source you one if you want to go that way :thumb:

+1 as long as it's yellow :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back