Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

986 vibration on tickover

mskunert

Trainee
Hi does anybody have any ideas what may cause a slight vibration coming from rear on tickover. Disappears when moving. Possibly slight grinding noise.

Had the engine cover off, and it's heard by the rear bulkhead next to the cam belt ( at least I think it's the cam belt).

The car doesnt have a cam belt .. timing chains on these and theres one each end of the engine .

I would start by removeing the inspection panel behind the rear seats , remove the drive belt then check the idler pullys .. i would also check the water pump for play as this is the most likely fault from your desription .

A sound clip please or a video if its not the water pump .

I would start by removeing the inspection panel behind the rear seats , remove the drive belt then check the idler pullys .. i would also check the water pump for play as this is the most likely fault.

Thanks I'll take a look into the water pump.

My car did that and the engine mount bracket had fatigue snapped.
Telltale sign is a lob sided exhaust tail pipe.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back