Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Misfire 911 3.4

Frenchy55

Hi guys, new to the forum.
Has anyone ever had or heard of a spark plug been blown out of a cylinder head ?

Thanks hope he can help, I can give him more detail if he has come across this in the past.

Frenchy55 said:
Hi guys, new to the forum.
Has anyone ever had or heard of a spark plug been blown out of a cylinder head ?

I remember there was a thread a while back where a member had this problem, get trawling the search function..

Ive seen it in the past but not on a Porsche .

Has it taken the thread out ?

Is the thread a helli coil ? .. this would explain a sudden blow out .

The usual cause is it wasnt tightened up when replaced but as these get noisy way before it comes fully undone then its normally spotted before it blows out.

Ive had that but only ever once, entirely my fault as well!! Got interrupted servicing my wifes Beetle and thought id torqued them up, had obviously barely nipped one up and ten miles on it shot itself out!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back