Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My New Carrera C2

Very nice motor Matty, sorry if I missed it but what year is it?

Sold my 993 in September as having no employment :sad:

Now employed so need to find another Porsche :D

I'm thinking Cayman S 987.1 Manual & spend money on 3.9 conversion & some styling mods or spend the whole budget on a 997.2 3.6 Manual :?:

Interesting choice, neither a bad one. Cayman 3.9 storming performance, outstanding handling, 997.2 C2 no slouch on either and has the 911 magic, would probably look after you better financially.

My thinking was the Cayman would be more like a modern version of the 993, small car, small cabin etc & after the mods, be more of a change to my daily, 640d Msport.

Thing is, it's not a 911, which will cause anguish :eek:

What a superb looking car. Amazingly clean.

MC

Ridders said:
My thinking was the Cayman would be more like a modern version of the 993, small car, small cabin etc & after the mods, be more of a change to my daily, 640d Msport.

Thing is, it's not a 911, which will cause anguish :eek:

The mid engine cars are a very different drive to a 911

Lovely car, congrats :thumb:

Ridders said:
Very nice motor Matty, sorry if I missed it but what year is it?

Sold my 993 in September as having no employment :sad:

Now employed so need to find another Porsche :D

I'm thinking Cayman S 987.1 Manual & spend money on 3.9 conversion & some styling mods or spend the whole budget on a 997.2 3.6 Manual :?:

Guys many thanks for the replies. You are all very complimentary :thumb:

Ridders, sorry to hear about your employment hiccup. Glad you are now in the market for more Porsche. I do like a 987 but for me I needed the rear seats for my daughter. She loved my old 993 :grin:

My car is an early gen 2 on a 2008 registration. If it's that typically taught 911 feel you are after then I can't vouch for a 997.2 more highly. I'm so impressed. The manual box is particularly pleasant and not an issue in traffic (for me- but then I used to daily drive a Land Rover Defender into London for a couple of years :eek: ).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back