Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 HIDs and the New MOT Regulations

My 993 passed it's MOT with HID headlights with no issue at a OPC. However a week after, my Racing Puma failed with HID bulbs at a Mr Clutch. Both headlights are projector and perfectly suited to a HID bulb. I guess the difference being that no Puma was offered with xenon headlights and thus obvious that they were aftermarket. With a 993 it wouldn't be so immediately obvious. As Tore states the basic headlight design is identical. No self levelling, though I guess most had headlight wash.

We have a Clio V6 in the family with standard fit gas discharge HID headlights. It has no self levelling as standard as the back of the car is never going to be loaded enough to push the headlight aim up. I suppose that same notion applies to some 911's - no rear seats, no effect on headlight aim. Any weight in the boot is going to push the headlights down which is not going to present a problem for other road users.

Never had a problem with my Hids at MoT time. No washers, no auto levelling. I have Morimoto projectors with Tore B's hid kit, mains are Cyclops Leds ( a bit of trimming of plastic required) it's all internal to the pod and looks std except when you hit full beam. The Morimotos have a very sharp cut off and are really bright just below that so adjustment has to be spot on.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back