Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996tt vs 997 pasm Aerokit - front bumper

Lordjimimac

Hi folks,
I have a pasm 997 and I'm very tempted to get an aero bumper. Some research has spooked me a little with many stories of it being too low to even get into carparks!
I had a 996tt and that was fine - it also was pretty low and has the lip spoiler.
So,
Do any of you good fellows happen to know how the bumper/ground clearance compares between the two?
Big thanks!
James

My buddy had a 9971 Turbo with the aero kit and he ended up repainting the front lip after one year and then replacing after two in a perpetual cycle.

I'm only lowered on H&Rs and the little plastic scrapy lips (whatever they're actually called?) in front of the front wheels catch on every speed bump around here, whichever way I take them.

On the other car, I just got fed up so I did a so-called "lipectomy", and now I don't scrape the front lip (as it isn't there), but I do 'bong' the underbody brace from time to time (it's hollow) as it's now the lowest part of the car.

Maybe it's time for another lipectomy? Or maybe just a trim?

Thanks - very helpful cautionary tales!
I increasing think it's a case of either lowering the car on Techart OR getting the Aerokit. I know both would look best, but it seems the practicality would be compromised quite a bit!

MaxA said:
My buddy had a 9971 Turbo with the aero kit and he ended up repainting the front lip after one year and then replacing after two in a perpetual cycle.

I'm only lowered on H&Rs and the little plastic scrapy lips (whatever they're actually called?) in front of the front wheels catch on every speed bump around here, whichever way I take them.

On the other car, I just got fed up so I did a so-called "lipectomy", and now I don't scrape the front lip (as it isn't there), but I do 'bong' the underbody brace from time to time (it's hollow) as it's now the lowest part of the car.

Maybe it's time for another lipectomy? Or maybe just a trim?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron2325
Back