Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 GT3 CS in Viper Green

Have a good look at the ceramics for delamination. They will do loads of road miles no problem but this generation PCCB wears hard if used on a circuit. As parts are eye watering dealers are less likely to refresh this stuff for resale and people have no idea what to look for.

You can get some low speed rattle/knock from what sounds like top mounts, car needs to be warm. If so it's most likely to be the strut itself and many were replaced at low miles.

RMS can weep and go, clutch forks can (will) go eventually. I wouldn't worry about any of it as all fixable, these things are tough

Good luck :thumb:

Thanks! He sent me the disc density and apparently the ceramics 'all are well within tolerance and in fact have a similar reading to when the discs are new.

Front 34.05 tolerance 33.8
Rear 28.05 tolerance 27.7"

But of course it doesn't mean much to me. Someone else told me this is fine- anyone else got any experience in the area? Demort...?

(Currently on the train heading up there....)

No idea what that means to be honest . I thought they weighed them for wear statistics? Anyway, the thickness is measurable of course but just look for delaminating. A negotiation point at least. You can always swap to steel later on anyway.

So I bought that!!!

I'm now on the train home after an extensive scrutiny of the car. It really is a very nice thing indeed! I'd say it actually looks ok in the flesh without the need for the side decals but I'll save that decision for now.

Big thanks to FZP who dropped in and did his best to get me some bits thrown in.

Look forward to collecting it and getting it out and about...

Well done! When is the big pick up?

Thanks. Probably 3rd Dec although I may get it delivered.
I ought to try my hand at a yoochoob 'collection day" video and see if I can be the next yoochoob sensation. Before you know it I'll be on Strictly :floor:

As useful as bull in a China shop I was, just got in tge way and probably caused more damage than did any good.
I need no excuse to step into a dealership to look at cars, especially ones as nice as your new car. Great to meet you and happy to watch a grown man trying to not act like a 10y.o boy overcome by excitement :thumb:

Not at all mate - I especially liked it when you started dismantling the trim under the bonnet :floor: Seriously though, 10/10 for thoroughness and it was good to have another pair of eyes on it.

They certainly played hardball on the negotiation front but I think I'm getting a nice car.

Congratulations on another fine addition to the fleet. Nice one for moving on it so quickly :thumbs:

Beautiful car and congratulations! 997.1 is a great looking car.

I vote for no decals; it's stunning as it is.

I wonder why the first owner would opt for PTS RS Green? S/he could have bought an RS for not much more money; unless didn't get an allocation.

Love Green, congratulations on the purchase, trust me Viper never gets old...

Attachments

• green_r_4_188.jpg
    green_r_4_188.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4,815
well done sir and that is a great purchase.

ref the tyres 2015 is fine and only 3 years old. once they get to 5 or 6 years then replace.

are you using the car through the winter? in which case the PS2 is going to be a lot better than a Cup tyres.

you could always yank then tyres off and they would sell no worries am sure on here.

Y2K said:
Beautiful car and congratulations! 997.1 is a great looking car.

I vote for no decals; it's stunning as it is.

I wonder why the first owner would opt for PTS RS Green? S/he could have bought an RS for not much more money; unless didn't get an allocation.

The first owner would have bought it because he wanted it in that spec, or maybe he wanted one to last until the RS arrived. Allocations weren't an issue and depreciation was a given

squelch said:
I ought to try my hand at a yoochoob 'collection day" video and see if I can be the next yoochoob sensation. Before you know it I'll be on Strictly :floor:

Congratulations Squelch on the purchase :thumbs: :thumbs:

Can you ask OPC Wimslow where FZP sends his commission invoice :mrgreen:

911UK said:
squelch said:

Congratulations Squelch on the purchase :thumbs: :thumbs:

Can you ask OPC Wimslow where FZP sends his commission invoice :mrgreen:
That reminds me.....I need to chase that invoice up :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back