Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rusted exhaust pipe fell off - repair or replace?

Leosayer

I just pulled off the driver's side exhaust tip with pipe attached - it broke off at the exhaust box due to rust.

Should I consider getting it welded back on or is this a sign to replace the whole unit, along with the other one?

It's probably the original exhaust.

Replace the lot including manifold headers.

I'd recommend Akrapovic or Kline in Inconel or Ti. Just make sure you're sat down when you get the quote. Lovely stuff though :)

Happened to me,if you've still got the bits send them to Gert and get them RSRd. Try to get those headers off and you risk fracturing the studs. Besides which a full new system will make her indoors pack a suitcase. Don't buy Dansk replacements. Send him the cat as well while your at it and get the replacement cell. First buy a Dremel with the pop on cutting discs you will need it.
Don't run with the tip missing you will melt the PU (ask me how I know)

Anyone know what the lightest, most power/torque increase options are? Keep looking at the Fabspeed system with the sports cats and headers but unsure their claims are realistic. :?:

As others have said. Don't get involved in the headers, unless you need to.
Send it to Gert and gut the current boxes to RSR them. Or buy new from him already done. Getting involved with the cat has the potential to lead to
Lots of while your in their work. Unless it's all been done already. Don't run it too long with out a tail pipe. It can wreck the bumper.

I have the Fabspeed system, x-pipe 100cell cats, Fabspeed cans and Porsche wide oval tips. Well made, louder, if there is a power increase and weight loss you wouldn't notice.
Best money spent on performance is a Wayne Schofield engine tune and CoG suspension tune.

Norfolk & Idea said:
Replace the lot including manifold headers.

I'd recommend Akrapovic or Kline in Inconel or Ti. Just make sure you're sat down when you get the quote. Lovely stuff though :)

None of those do exhausts for 993 :?:

If it's practical to get them off and send to Gert - and he thinks they can be done - then that's a great solution. Go for that. Will sound fabulous.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back