Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help!!! Bonnet stuck and battery out

AlpinaB3S

Hi

I have removed the battery to charge it overnight and somehow managed to get the bonnet closed. Obviously now the bonnet release catch won't work and I can't get in to put the battery back on.

I have tried the red jacking point in the fuse box but don't expect that would work anyway with no battery in the car.

I have also managed to get the key stuck in the ignition and it won't come out.

I have read some threads about finding the releas cable in the passenger wheel arch but can't take the wheel off because the locking wheel but key is in the front :x

I am getting a bit stressed with it now so any help would be much appreciated

You should be able to power it up with the red post and a good earth.

There's a piece of metal to poke in and release the key. Hole is under a small plastic cover by the key.

Thanks magic.

Will it still power up with no battery in the car?

My jump leads are a bit old and ropey so it might be them. I assumed it wouldn't work with no battery in

You wouldn't need it if you had a working battery, so I'd expect it to function. Some experience delay when they have a flat battery attached, dragging the voltage down.

Sorry didn't mean to reply 3 times.

I just thought with no battery connected at all it wouldn't have a full circuit but I am no expert.

Anyway it still doesn't work and I think the jump leads are ok. I might try another set and see if that works

I have got the key out though thank you for that tip.

If you can't get it to open with a battery attached to the red bit in the fuse box then there is another way.

Near side front wheel well there is a wire cable hidden behind the liner which opens the trunk. You will more than likely need to remove front wheel to get access to arch lines then remove the front right side of the liners and you should see it. Full hard and it will open the trunk.

I haven't read through all the posts just going out, but it sounds like a wheel liner off and find the cable release cable (good luck - just hope if you have locking wheel nuts the key isn't in the bonnet !)

The key stuck in the ignition is a feature can't remember the reasons but its documented in the user manual there is a hole by the side of the barrel for a thin wire to be inserted to release the key.

Good luck !!

Flash gotta dash

AlpinaB3S said:
I have read some threads about finding the releas cable in the passenger wheel arch but can't take the wheel off because the locking wheel but key is in the front :x

You are connecting in parallel, so shouldn't need the battery to complete the circuit.

Make sure you have a good earth. You ought to be able to flick on the side lights and see something as a test.

...this won't help you today but might next time; I rerouted the 'emergency' release wire so that it sits next to the external temperature sensor in the front bumper cover vent... you can tuck it out of the way; you can then always open the trunk...

Done it.

:D

Just thought I would try a different earth and used the hinge rather than the lock plate. Worked first time

Thanks for the help gents much appreciated

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back