Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Project - Plan B

Hi Chaps,

A sneak preview for you while being PDI'd, please come in :wink:

I'm looking forward to seeing it on the deck as it's 30mm lower than the normal Carrera & 20mm lower than an S. The Sport Design rear duck above and the Sport Design side skirts painted in body colour should look really good when it's hunkered down on the road with the wide body.

If you think the Jet Black Metallic is looking a little dull :grin: there's a ceramic coat to go on it yet :)

Cheers for now,
Paul

You dark horse !!! That's the way to do it Paul....throw out a few hints that you were "thinking" about moving on the macan and Voila ! A new 911 GTS appears.... :thumb:

It looks absolutely stunning and very pleased to hear you are putting winter tyres on it so you can use it straight away.

I'm sorely tempted to be loitering around the OPC when you pick it up...maybe you should have an "official viewing" for us local 911UK boys, as you say cars and coffee.... :bye: Put me on the list....

I wish you the best of health to enjoy it for many years. :thumb:

Looks so good Paul.

Will your winter wheels be the same black GTS wheels? I bet a set of those is not cheap 😮

Loving the blue 997 too 👍

Hi John,

You dark horse !!! That's the way to do it Paul....throw out a few hints that you were "thinking" about moving on the macan and Voila ! A new 911 GTS appears...

To be fair, I had no idea until shortly after the bacon butties :grin:

David had approached me and asked how I would feel about selling the Macan, I said it would have to be something special so, "How would you feel about a new black Carrera 4 GTS?"

"When?" I said, "Couple of weeks?" was the reply and a few days to think about it.

But nuff said really, I'd seen the rabbit. Although I couldn't mention it in case it didn't happen, so apologies for that. :bandit:

I'll let both you and Keith know which day tomorrow when I find out, it will be great to have an official launch :grin:

Hi Joe,

Will your winter wheels be the same black GTS wheels? I bet a set of those is not cheap

It's circa £4.5 - 5k for winter wheels & tyres but I'm going to have new winter tyres put on the existing rims and Porsche are going to store the summer tires until spring for me.

Cheers for now,
Paul

Hi All,

if you're following the PDI of the new GTS I've put it all on the 991 channel part of the Forum with latest photos from today.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=131019

I won't put any more on here as it's supposed to be for 964's after all and nobody likes double posts.

Well maybe only the odd one :grin:

Cheers,
Paul

Haven't been on 911UK for ages, but when I do this thread is always my first port of call.

Congratulation on the GTS Paul, it looks to be a (black) beauty.

Cheers
Steve

Hi Steve,

Nice to see you alive and kicking :grin:

Thanks mate, I'm sure we'll catch up soon. How's your 964 project going?

Cheers,
Paul

paul284pt said:
Hi Steve,
How's your 964 project going?

Less of a 'project' these days Paul, the originality grew on me after I'd done all the suspension and running gear. It still keeps me busy as I'm tinkering all the time.

Cheers
Steve

Hi Chaps,

Hope you're all good!

Had the old girl out from under her duvet yesterday to give her old bones a warm through and noticed the to and fro-ing out of the garage had used up nearly all the fuel this winter, so a ready made excuse for a blast on a sunny March afternoon.

Cheers,
Paul

Thank you BHZ661 :thumb:

Cheers,
Paul

Hi Chaps,

I hope you are all enjoying the summer and getting out & about.

Recently had a little issue which I'm sure some of you have come across before or will perhaps in the future and that is the barrel (for the key) on the door lock becoming"loose" and then perhaps spinning right around in the door handle. Nightmare :? And perusing the possibility as OPC suggested, with replacing both locks at considerable cost. :eek:

Now I know you lot are very wealthy chaps and won't mind shelling out your inheritance but the spoiler alert is that you will also end up with 2 sets of keys :frustrated:

You could always gain entry by using the lock in the other door, while it lasts :grin: however you will be pleased to know that it's a simple fix as it's just a little screw (in the first photo) which has worked loose. Mine actually fell into the bottom of the door.

All put it all back together and Locktite'd it into position to make sure the little b*gger didn't offend again.

Anyway for the record here are some photos to help disassembly and reassembly.

Cheers for now,
Paul

Nice one Paul , good bit of info there , they nearly had you're eyes out :)
Only issue i had so far with the door handle is the lever snapping but easily replaced.
Just replacing the heat exchangers on mine at the moment , got some second hand for £600 :x , i think ill repair my old ones and stick them on flea bay .
What was the trouble with the battery in the end was it just knackered ?

Hi Keith,

That might be a good plan mate!

I have a SS Fabspeed rear silencer with twin outlet and oval tips for sale if you are upgrading or know anyone who wants the twin outlet look? I was thinking of eBaying next week.

Yes the Bosch battery which was just over 4 years old was kapput! Even though OPC checked it and it was showing no dead cells. The replacment battery has bee on a few days and no drain on it so it was a simple fix in the end.

See you soon,
Paul

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back