Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 997.1 C2S

TBE997 said:
Thanks Phil!

Yes, the middle blade in the front air intakes have been wrapped in black, which makes them look slightly larger. need to add the zunsport grills actually which i have bought some time ago.

on the exhaust, it has really grown on me. as long as i don't push the gas pedal too hard and keep the revs below 3k, it's fairly quiet:cop: ... on hard acceleration or high revs, it starts getting loud and i get the occasional pops when it revs down again below 3k

think one of the brackets is broken and also the pipes connecting the tips are slightly different diameter, which doesn't let me align them properly/correctly

Are you missing the shims that go between the tips and the exhaust , they rust and break for a past time , made of mild steel :eek: If thats the case they cannot be brought without the tips , but I can get hold of stainless ones through my tech who has had a batch made up or if he's sold out will be getting more made up . let me know if you need them and I will PM you his details :thumb:

Small-ish update

- Zunsport Grills fitted
- Old New Black headlights fitted

jzgRopo.jpg

i must say, the headlights look better in person, the outter grey ring is less bright than the pictures suggest, the light output is better but that might also be because the old ones had fairly milky glass and are in desperate need of a refurb.

DXn7tBg.jpg

Next focus will be on the interior where I would like to get a 997.2 sports steering wheel and redone in alcantara. I was surprised about the price difference between Linas and RSL, will probably go with RSL and get a few bits in Alcantara as well as the center console in carbon fiber (either dipped or wrapped)

on the outside, i feel like i need a few red accents (not too much) and maybe an RS rear wing? :D also thinking about going for 15mm spacers in the back (currently 7mm)

qknheIT.jpg

Whats the quality like on those light, I always thought they looked good but heard reports of poor quality. where did you buy and what are they like :thumb: :thumb: and I want to see a night /dusk pic with the DRL and halo on together :thumb:

why old new did you manage to find a used set :?:

TBE997 said:
Quick-ish update, after long back and worth, i decided to get my car wrapped wrapped. Picked her up today from dub customs, and really happy with the exterior now.

-Wrapped in 3M Satin Dark Grey
-Black roof, mirrors and small bits
-Alloys powder-coated
-Exhaust Tips powder-coated
-Porsche sun strip
-Porsche side decal and bonnet stripe
-Rear windows tinted

When the sun is out, the colour is really nice and shiny.

3SXIAbU.jpg

EetwqMO.jpg

Without sun:

fEVfKQq.jpg

From the back:

l0YD4um.jpg

Only just picked this up... that wrap looks the absolute nuts. Love the red S on the back as well.... great looking car!

Phil 997 said:
Whats the quality like on those light, I always thought they looked good but heard reports of poor quality. where did you buy and what are they like :thumb: :thumb: and I want to see a night /dusk pic with the DRL and halo on together :thumb:

why old new did you manage to find a used set :?:

Quality is ok - by that i mean the build quality, OEMs are certainly better. However the light output is better, which might be due to my old OEMs having become a bit "milky" and are in need of a refurb. I have not connected the DRLs of the headlights, still need to decide whether i use the Headlight DRL or the FOG lights as DRL.

FMdKNBC.jpg

1JU8Jgk.jpg

82739pk.jpg

Also they started to fog up inside, something i didnt have with the old DRLs. i think i need to take them out and seal them as good as i can (they were fitted by Design911, they broke a xenon bulb in the process and it took them 2.5hrs...).

vJoQKCQ.jpg

for now i like them, i will get the outer silver ring "wrapped" in black.

I have contacted orange-tuning for the dectane DRL module, apparently they will get them back in stock in May.

So the outside is "almost" done, thinking of adding some red accents:

-red alloygators?
-red pinstrip on the mirror and as a border for the black bonnet stripe
- maybe Porsche Side Decal in red?

On the interior, i recently bought a new steering wheel, want to get it wrapped in Alcantara together with the gear shifter and handbrake.

SHzwMlx.jpg

Also, thinking of re-doing the center/middle console in Carbon Fibre as well as the silver trim along the dash board. not sure whether to go for carbon dipping or wrap.

Lastly, i am thinking more and more about DSC as well as adding/upgrading my gear shifter with the function first bits... but let's see hee

Any ideas/suggestion are welcome :)

jN9mr20.jpg

9DkNmek.jpg

SYc8OdU.jpg

Finally got around to put LaminX (think it was gunmetal) on my LED Fog lights as I am not a big fan on chrome. I think Techart at the time sold some black LED Fog lights but hard to get hold off and probably too expensive.

Also other mods i have done since my last update:

- Interior LED upgrade
- Red pinstripe on mirrors
- Alloys refurbed
- Lamin X Fog lights
- Dectane DLR module fitted
- New black key shell

So this is what it looks like on one side vs normal

KkERauH.jpg

zrYyHrc.jpg

And then i checked to see what the light output looks like. TBH, same as before despite the tinted look

Right Side is tinted, left side normal

Tvel0mp.jpg

HAZARD LIGHTS - https://imgur.com/isrk1k6

Proceeded to finish the second one and both fitted:

L6jNck5.jpg

sKvVoSU.jpg

pMhpRil.jpg

Refurbed Alloys

HlTmYN4.jpg

Mirrors with red pin stripe

njwDWCY.jpg

New Key (vs second old one)

Ekeb3CH.jpg

Nice and clean

fmrEfr2.jpg

4w3Hger.jpg

Car looks great. Never been quite sure on wraps but yours looks really smart.

Thanks Rob!

Generally, the satin or Matt wraps look compared to the glass or metallic ones which tend to look like orange peel

Rexently I really fancy a Bordeaux red colour, similar to the carmine red, but don't think I'll go down that route...

Car looks great, love the satin wrap :thumb:

Where did you get the LaminX from? Wouldn't mind having that on my DRLs!

I bought it online from funk-motorsport (google)
the 18"x12" sheets are perfect in terms of size/lenght for gen1 fog lights, i got gunsmoke(darker) and 6%(lighter), but went straight with the darker one

one issue i have, i have some crystal-looking particles behind the film, not sure i didnt fit them properly or whether they will go away over time. i have contacted funk to check, worst case i'll try again or get them to fit by funk

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back