Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dull finish

Hi Ned, some good advice already on here! It certainly sounds like your car has had some form of paint protection poorly applied! Not a fan of paint protection myself unless you use the car every day in all weather and its done properly!

My car is midnight blue too, it's a strange colour and can look dull in some light but when polished well it can look stunning in bright sunshine and under garage forecourt lights in particular. Porsche use a medium/hard clear coat and their finish is better than most too, it will polish up well with a decent compound but might need going over a couple of times to remove the protection coating!

A bit of perseverance and I'm sure it will come up stunning! :thumb:

Hi rob. Does your car look green under certain lights? I'm not even sure mines midnight blue. I'm guessing at that.
The meguirs ultimate polish arrived this morning so I took into the final stage with the polisher and got a coat of wax onto it. Gave the windows a quick clean, rubbers etc.
To say I'm happy with the finish now is the understatement of the century. I never once thought that I'd get it to that level of clarity. Of course there's still light marks here and there but the difference is amazing. I think with better polish, pads and little more experience, I could make a job close to most pro's. No doubt I'll have trouble uploading the photos but I'll try my best.
After all, I want to show off.lol :grin:

Attachments

• db8836e4_4990_47bd_819b_d77d608a80f7_543.jpeg
    db8836e4_4990_47bd_819b_d77d608a80f7_543.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10,563
Having trouble getting photos up. For some reatit says the photos are to big. Can anyone shed some light?

Having trouble getting photos up. For some reatit says the photos are to big. Can anyone shed some light?

I'm not really up to speed with photo sizes but they're all taken on my iPhone 5. Can't really understand why ones ok and the next isn't. Anyways, the paints nice

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back