Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 GT3 CS in Viper Green

squelch said:
Yes, I agree it needs the "GT3" or "===PORSCHE===" decals for the sides. Don't think I've seen a Gen1 with a black spoiler though.
The polished rim on the wheels is growing on me.

Seems a good spec with Carbon Buckets, PCCB, Sound Package Plus (Bose not being available) and only 2 previous owners (not the 4 shown on the website).
Anyway, deposit placed and I'm on the train to Manchester on Sunday to seal the deal.

They've sent me a couple of vids of all round and underneath the car and it's just had its 111 point check and a few new bits n bobs (battery etc) as well as a major service with s/plugs. Oh and a new front splitter as it's a bit scuffed.

I'm looking forward to seeing it in the metal.....

Congrats on the new purchase, enjoy :thumb:

(Someone commented on the wheels, personally with that green I'd have standard silver wheels, or maybe gold, but I'm biased re the latter.... :grin: )

I'm more than happy to help. I'm a firm believer of paying it forward and there have been countless times when I've been assisted from fellow forum members, so when I saw it pop up, I knew it had to be broadcast on here asap as this epitomizes an enthusiasts spec of a car, and thus deserves to be in the custody of a true enthusiast.
If Squelch doesn't love this car, I'll eat my hat. :grin:
If anyone hears of a 997.2 GT3RS IN Grey/Red for £49.95, can you let me know :thumb:

Congrats on the purchase Squelch.
Love the colour, and each to their own on personalizing the blank green canvas. Whatever way you go with it - leave as is or throw in decals/accents it will still be a head turner.

I'm a fully paid up member of the impulse buy so a big :thumbs: from me.

As for leaving long hairs on the seats, not something you will need to worry about if it's only you that's using it. :grin:

Senoj said:
Sorry to say but I don't think the cooking GT3 carries that colour off very well.

I was thinking the same ....its definitely an RS colour ......it doesn't have the same presence in ' Standard' GT3 form.........

IMHO......

squelch said:
Yes, I agree it needs the "GT3" or "===PORSCHE===" decals for the sides. Don't think I've seen a Gen1 with a black spoiler though.
The polished rim on the wheels is growing on me.

Seems a good spec with Carbon Buckets, PCCB, Sound Package Plus (Bose not being available) and only 2 previous owners (not the 4 shown on the website).
Anyway, deposit placed and I'm on the train to Manchester on Sunday to seal the deal.

They've sent me a couple of vids of all round and underneath the car and it's just had its 111 point check and a few new bits n bobs (battery etc) as well as a major service with s/plugs. Oh and a new front splitter as it's a bit scuffed.

I'm looking forward to seeing it in the metal.....

Hmm.. Looks a lot better in that pic and I agree with a few black accents it would break up the mass of green , I revise my statement , it looks good ......

I had a Gen 1 in Meteor grey and I have now realise that was one I should have kept ...

:nooo:

So I'm off to see the car tomorrow and obviously it's being sold as Porsche Approved with warranty so that should give peace of mind. I'd like to think that means that I don't need to worry about putting on my best imitation AA overalls and taking my orange Halfords trolley jack with me, BUT that may be naive. So, can anyone tell me if there's anything I ought to pay particular attention to, either in general or specific to the GT3?

Apparently the tyres have 5-6mm tread but I wonder how old they are. Does anyone know what Porsche's cut off is for replacing tyres due to age? And would that be the same for a GT car (which may see a track)? What do we think...?

Any advice, input would be much appreciated. Thanks

Just prepare for some serious face ache as you'll struggle to stop grinning when you see the colour in person and the way it pulls passed 4K :grin:

Like your style @squelch, see it, love it, buy it :thumb:

The warranty is your obvious safety net beneath what is a very strong car in any case, however, when I was in the GT3 marlet I found great variance related to how hard a life the car had been leading e.g. tracking.

When cold sounding like a bag of nails at start up is one thing, but nothing more untoward after that than the drive train making itself heard and felt through the chassis more than a normal 911. I found mine resonated in the 3-3.5k rpm range, another car like mine I tried did exactly the same.

The steering is beefy, but lovely, no play whatsoever. Suspension creaks and knocks are not acceptable (check what's covered by the warranty versus 'wear and tear"), clutch is also beefy but shouldn't be overly heavy or gravelly, gear change should be tight, but not difficult (when warm) and look out for a rattly/creaky interior, prime sign of hard use and difficult to resolve.

On the outside, the front end is low and vulnerable of course, warrants extra close check for rash and chips being disguised. The arches and sills take more punishment as the wheels are pushed out further, so check the quality of any paint repairs there.

Good luck tomorrow!

If the tyres have that much tread and they're Cup2, they're newish.

Wow thats an amazing car. Good luck with the purchase :thumbs:

Thanks MJA911 & co. Tyres aren't Cup 2's - they're "just" Pilot Sports. From the pics I've been sent I think I can see date code 4115, so week 41 of 2015. Since then it's done about 1500 miles, so they should be ok (unless that's 1500 miles on the 'Ring :floor: )

I'm pretty sure that Cups (Cup 1) were factory spec, and I think there was also a Pirelli equivalent. Unless the Pilot Sports are PS4 (generally accepted as superior to Cup 2's?), then I'd keep the tyres in the back pocket as a bargaining chip just in case. I mean if you're 'buying a GT3 from Porsche, then it should come with the factory spec tyres, right?" :D

fantastic car and the best colour .hope its going to be a keeper :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back