Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 GT3 CS in Viper Green

Yes, I agree it needs the "GT3" or "===PORSCHE===" decals for the sides. Don't think I've seen a Gen1 with a black spoiler though.
The polished rim on the wheels is growing on me.

Seems a good spec with Carbon Buckets, PCCB, Sound Package Plus (Bose not being available) and only 2 previous owners (not the 4 shown on the website).
Anyway, deposit placed and I'm on the train to Manchester on Sunday to seal the deal.

They've sent me a couple of vids of all round and underneath the car and it's just had its 111 point check and a few new bits n bobs (battery etc) as well as a major service with s/plugs. Oh and a new front splitter as it's a bit scuffed.

I'm looking forward to seeing it in the metal.....

Attachments

• 4lg_15_2560x17071_207.jpg
    4lg_15_2560x17071_207.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6,724
Congratulations! You knew it made sense as the green ones don't come around too often. The colour looks stunning in the flesh! Good spec too. :thumbs: Look forward to hearing how you get on. 8)

Thanks guys! I really like the orange too but I think the green is rarer and don't seem to come to market as often - the last green one on the market was around 7 /8 months ago iirc. I think it's Signal Green but everyone seems to call it Viper. I think I'll call it Kermit!!

squelch said:
Yes, I agree it needs the "GT3" or "===PORSCHE===" decals for the sides. Don't think I've seen a Gen1 with a black spoiler though.

Seems a good spec with Carbon Buckets, PCCB, Sound Package Plus (Bose not being available) and only 2 previous owners (not the 4 shown on the website).
Anyway, deposit placed and I'm on the train to Manchester on Sunday to seal the deal.

They've sent me a couple of vids of all round and underneath the car and it's just had its 111 point check and a few new bits n bobs (battery etc) as well as a major service with s/plugs. Oh and a new front splitter as it's a bit scuffed.

You could always call it Herman Green :dont know: Great buy, well done to get straight in there, although the markets dead, they underpriced it, very unusual for Wilmslow!

squelch said:

+1 to the side decals... :thumb:

squelch said:
Thanks guys! I really like the orange too but I think the green is rarer and don't seem to come to market as often - the last green one on the market was around 7 /8 months ago iirc. I think it's Signal Green but everyone seems to call it Viper. I think I'll call it Kermit!!

If the code is 2D8 it's called RS Green. Viper and Signal are slightly different shades. #makegreengreatagain :thumb:

Bet you can't wait until tomorrow! :grin:

I'm glad someone here bought it. Fantastic news. It's a gorgeous car and the lady owner, yes it's true, is as meticulous a.f. That info came from my guy in service and she has 5 other P cars.
Squelch, you'll love it. They told me it needed the new splitter and a service before it went out the door, but otherwise in excellent condition.

Excellent car :thumb:

Great of FZP to highlight it was about to be listed :worship: top man :worship:

Congratulations, it is an awesome car I for one love that colour.

G2 said:

You took the words right out of my mouth - I was about to post a big thanks to FZP for flagging it up. Although I look at the Porsche approved site fairly often, I may well have missed this gem (or Emerald in this case). Top man indeed - this forum is the best!

G2 said:
Excellent car :thumb:

agree! What a great forum and wow great looking GT3 👍

Most of the gems get a quick preview on Instagram way before hitting the classifieds. Snooze you lose! FZP nice one on the heads up :thumb:

FZP said:
I'm glad someone here bought it. Fantastic news. It's a gorgeous car and the lady owner, yes it's true, is as meticulous a.f. That info came from my guy in service and she has 5 other P cars.
Squelch, you'll love it. They told me it needed the new splitter and a service before it went out the door, but otherwise in excellent condition.

Yep, a lady owner so I'm expecting very little clutch left, every radio preset to one station and if she sheds hair like my mrs then there'll be long hairs stuck to every surface!! ONLY KIDDING!! Apparently she's a huge P fan and this car has had a very gentle life it seems.

A new splitter, battery, condenser rad have been done. Rev range report shows absolutely no occurrences in ANY of the rev ranges so I'll be sure to change that on tomorrow's test drive!!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back