Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 997 this week?

A New engine! Well near as, a fully rebuilt Hartech engine, pistons, wet liners, IMS bearing, chains guides, flywheel, clutch,dual pump, hoses, etc etc. Got to run it in now! but fingers crossed it'll see me out :D

A new windscreen thanks to a conker falling from a tree.
An MOT
Bonnet resprayed under warranty.

HSC911 said:
FZP said:

Conker :dont know:

:floor:

Hahahaha! How big was the conker?!!

Not normally one for stickers but I've added these subtle 70 years anniversary ones to the rear quarter windows.

Attachments

• 18d6f195_bccb_4953_bb47_8487d037647f_965.jpeg
    18d6f195_bccb_4953_bb47_8487d037647f_965.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 2,475
  • e6087e16_b187_4ce1_940a_2b11f47bd931_194.jpeg
    e6087e16_b187_4ce1_940a_2b11f47bd931_194.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 2,475
MattyR said:
HSC911 said:
FZP said:

It was normal sized I guess, but it fell from a great height. I turned into Samuel L Jackson the next morning as I hear the windscreen crack as I drive out of the garage.

FZP said:
MattyR said:
HSC911 said:
FZP said:

It was normal sized I guess, but it fell from a great height. I turned into Samuel L Jackson the next morning as I hear the windscreen crack as I drive out of the garage.

Must have been a particularly dense conker :sad:

First class film :thumb:

MattyR said:
FZP said:
MattyR said:
HSC911 said:
FZP said:

Must have been a particularly dense conker :sad:

First class film :thumb:
Look at the weight of a tiny stone that does the same thing. Just need a few things to happen in a certain way for it to crack a screen. Perhaps another half rotation of the same stone would result in no crack. Luck of the draw unfortunately.
New screen in now, so should probably get a new set of wipers to really give it that new car feel.

SJD said:
Not normally one for stickers but I've added these subtle 70 years anniversary ones to the rear quarter windows.

Quite like those :thumb: where from?

DucatiRob said:
SJD said:

Quite like those :thumb: where from?

French company called 'Classic Stickers". Paid €14.

I've just ordered a Rennline three piece pedal set with an extension piece for the throttle. Something to fit this winter.

Glass out respray courtesy of http://www.autobodytechnic.com who were kindly recommended by 911 Virgin. 80% of their work is trade through RSJ and 911V so figured they must be good

Can't wait to get back to UK to hopefully perhaps use her a bit more maybe next year as sadly only used her all of once in 2018 at VMAX. She flew though :D

Replaced all of the exterior trim etc too hence must be the only 87,000 mile turbo in UK which looks almost concours. If anyones ever looking to buy a one owner 2007 manual 997 turbo in perfect condition let me know as I fancy a 720s one day. My 997 turbo has 9e 28 power pack so GT2 RS hybrid turbos etc and circa 800bhp on race fuel. 650bhp on V Power.

(Engine, turbos, exhaust etc were replaced by OPC Hatfield in 2014 at 60,000 miles under warranty which car has been under since new up to installing 9e stuff so has never wanted for anything. Thats when I also installed 9e power kit so in reality engine has only done 27,000 miles.)

Attachments

• 3eeebd4c_f743_4c12_ab7c_3a115e82cd68_111.jpg
    3eeebd4c_f743_4c12_ab7c_3a115e82cd68_111.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 3,756
Looks great.
Just needs the last piece - 4 X wheel centers.
Much less than a 9e kit 😁

Just fitted a Topgear secondary silencer bipass shiny tubes, great quality
kit, sounds good. Awaiting delivery of Fabspeed air induction kit. Hoping my
997.2 will howl again like my old 997.1 :driving:

Porkaholic said:
Just fitted a Topgear secondary silencer bipass shiny tubes, great quality
kit, sounds good. Awaiting delivery of Fabspeed air induction kit. Hoping my
997.2 will howl again like my old 997.1 :driving:

Are you getting the car remapped after fitting the fabspeed , I found it was ok but not perfect as the airflow was too high for the car to relearn the values. bloody sounds nice though :grin: so if you weren't planning a remap try it and see how you get on but if you experience some rough running ETC then just bear in mind what you need to do to sort it . :thumb: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back