Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New to 996's

NedHan79 said:
I'll get a look at pzero's thread when I get a chance. Funny I've a nice set of pzeros on😉
Not really worried as to how hard the ride is but more on even tyre wear.

Not everyone's first choice of tyre, other makes are available. I have no affiliation with the brand it was just that was what my first 911 was shod with and happened to choose it for my forum name.

Have a read through here http://911uk.com/viewforum.php?f=53
Plenty in there to fill in any blanks you may have regarding tyres.

My car has come with matching pzeros all round. I'm sure they'll be on for a fair while as the car didn't get used much. I don't tend to be that fussy about tyre choice. When you've got tyres that size, most would be decent I'd imagine. I need to go through the front bushes as somethings just not right at times.

Funny I found the grip really bad on my maiden voyage. Out of a roundabout in second and it lit the tyres up. T/c was on. But it was absolutely pouring down. This is where my water leak came to light.

I've been going through my options list in my service book and although I was told the car was an m030 car there's no sign of that code. Good news is it does have the 220 code for lsd. I don't see any codes for the aero pack but I've no idea what it is. I'm not overly worried about the mo30 pack but I'd like to know which anti roll bars it has for replacing bushings and I'd say I'll fit lowering springs at some stage. Does anyone know?

Also managed to get a bit of paint correction done which I'm very happy with the results. Just need some sunshine to see what it actually looks like.

Attachments

• b9d83d94_f2f8_47b8_bccd_5cf8e1fade32_184.jpeg
    b9d83d94_f2f8_47b8_bccd_5cf8e1fade32_184.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2,532
The only true way to know what ARB's you have fitted is to measure them before ordering any bushes, either with a vernier caliper or put an adjustable spanner over it, then measure the distance between the spanner ends. Even if I knew the correct size I would still measure to make sure I ordered the correct size.

Helpful as always infrasilver.👍
Aye I thought I'd measure first anyway but I'd have liked to have the m030 just for bragging rights.lol.

Marky911 said:
Good progress! :thumb:

Definitely leave your cats in otherwise it's hassle for mots. Decats could put an EML light on too, although the 3.4s aren't so fussy when it comes to that.
It sounds like a decent setup already though.

Carbon interior bits are worthless. I'll take the wheel off your hands if you pay the postage.

Just kidding obviously :D . You'd get a shock at the prices of the carbon Tequipment interior parts.
Carbon wheel is mega rare. Very nice thing to have. 8)

Ive been having a nosey to see if I can find just what the interior bits are that I have. There's no mention of a carbon interior pack on my spec in the service book. Just googled it for pictures and found the steering wheel and gear knob. I know some stuffs expensive but I nearly fell off my seat. There's a wheel in the states for $2300 and a gear knob, again in the states for $1800 and some change. Couldn't find the handbrake but I'm assuming it's ridiculous money too. Who in their right mind would pay it fair enough the aero kits not cheap but it's a fairly big tick on the spec list, as is the lsd I'm guessing. I just didn't have any idea the extras were so expensive. I don't even like the steering wheel :grin:

I have the carbon pack on mine from new which includes, handbrake, gear knob, horse shoe, clocks surround and dash strip. I think I saw that those options together were £2.5k at the time.

I'm not a massive fan of it personally but it does help break the interior up. The carbon steering wheel is something I'm also not a fan of but used values are off the scale for all the above parts.

infrasilver said:
I have the carbon pack on mine from new which includes, handbrake, gear knob, horse shoe, clocks surround and dash strip. I think I saw that those options together were £2.5k at the time.

I'm not a massive fan of it personally but it does help break the interior up. The carbon steering wheel is something I'm also not a fan of but used values are off the scale for all the above parts.

Horse shoe?
I'd need to actually look at mine and see what it does have. I think it's just the wheel, handbrake and gear knob. The carbon must wear exceptionally well as it looks like new. I think the handbrake and gear knob look the business even if the wheel dosnt. I've always fancied a nice omp style 3 spoke wheel. I bought 1 for my Impreza but couldn't get a boss to match. I'll maybe get 1 this time round. I notice rpm technique use the

NedHan79 said:
infrasilver said:

Horse shoe?

The part around the centre vents and stereo.

Welcome fellow, local 996 owner! I spotted that car at the dealership on my daily commute, lovely machine, health to drive.

If you are on Facebook, a few of us local Porsche lot organise drives from a page we've set up, you're welcome to join us.

Hi workman. Thanks, the more I look at it, the more I like it. It looks like a different car now that I've done the paint correction. Haven't actually managed to get it out into the sun yet but under the led lights, looking for flaws, it's much nicer.
Yeah I'd like to get out for a run, meet a few enthusiasts. My friend is a pcgb member and said there was a meet at porsche in Belfast on the 15th December. I was thinking of going to that but I'm open to anything else as long as I haven't other commitments and the backs up to it.

Sounds like you've got yourself a nice car. I also have a 2001 3.4 C2 manual Coupe but mine's in Lapis blue. I've got the same rims as yours.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back