Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A big thanks to you all and thumbs up to OPC Wilmslow

FZP

Zandvoort
So first of all a big thanks to this forum, the wealth of information on here is astounding, so to all those who contribute, thanks.
But I'd like to make mention of a few others in particular. A bit of background first.
I've had my car since March 14. During that time, in the grand scheme of things, it's been fantastic. Just your usual run of the mill maintenance stuff, other than a nasty blemish on the paintwork right next to the badge on the bonnet. It looks like a rusty spot, but being aluminium, it's not. It was one of those things that I always put off getting done as I had stuff to do on the house, and figured that if I'm going to get the car painted, best get it done after the dust has stopped on the reno. This blemish developed during my ownership, but wasn't present at tune of purchase. Probably around the start of year 3 when it raised its head.
Over time it got worse to the point now it was notice from a meter away rather than just me. Kind of the way in which when someone has a cold sore(or as I like to call it, face herpes). Once you've seen it you can't unsee it.
At one of our recent monthly catch ups it came up and both Alex Yates and Jonttt twisted the thumbscrews to get it in for a warranty repair. Whilst it was in for service last month, I mentioned it to Alan @ Wilsmlow and he said he'd have a crack at getting it through but couldn't promise anything. I had 9 days of the 10 year corrosion warranty left when I mentioned it......talk about cutting it close. Over the past month or so it had been back and forwards to Germany for approval, but no word.
I've just had it confirmed this evening that my car has been sent off to Road and Race to have the paint issue rectified under warranty.
I gave it a <5% chance that it would be done under warranty, but here we are , happy as Larry
So to Alex, Jon and Alan( he'll never read this but it would be amiss of not to mention him), I say a big thank you for pushing me to do it. I'll be once again to be able to wash my car and say that it looks mint, without have to say " except for the bloody bonnet"
Next beers are on me gents :thumb:

:thumb:

They obviously heard that the next 911UK meet would be camped outside their gaff with placards if they did not honour the warranty :grin:

You can get me a pint on the xmas do........I'll have his :roll: too :grin:

Ps. Well done mate! :thumb:

Well I collected the car on Tuesday, and it was a sight for sore eyes. I think I'd had the car in my garage for 8 days out of the last month. The quality of the work that Road and Race deliver is very good. Both Porsche and Road and Race confirmed that the car has never been painted since it left the factory, which is good to know
Car looks brand new. I'm looking forward to giving it a good old clean. Really happy with it. As part of the work, they even put a brand new badge on the front, which was a pleasant surprise.
I now need to have the wheels refurbished, and the drivers seat bolster recoloured, then I'll have a mint condition car.
One happy chappy. :thumb:

Nice one Frank makes you love your car a bit more :thumbs:

You bet. Seeing the new badge this arvo made me feel like a 10y.o boy again.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back