Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Project - Plan B

paul284pt said:
Hi Gaz,

Yes Frank certainly has and good luck to him. It's good to see a real enthusiast putting his money where his mouth is. He had a successful importing business which he sold and he is now surrounding himself in his passion.

Speaking of surrounding oneself in passion, I'm looking forward to my new 991.2 Carrera 4 GTS arriving this month 8)

I'll let you know how I get on.

If anyone's interested in the spec. sheet I'll put it up.

Cheers,
Paul

*if* ...get it up Paul 👍

Hi Joe,

That's what all the girls say, what do they mean? :dont know:

Hope you're keeping well?

Here we go:

I'm sure there will be questions later
:grin:

Cheers,
Paul

Very well thx Paul.

Nice spec. Jet black? Love that.

Now, two questions:

1. Is this a swap for the Macan?
2. Why no manual?

👍👍 Joe

Hi Joe,

It's a long story but one which which happened really quickly. I was at OPC last week with the 964 giving her a service and new door seals as per previous post before she goes into hibernation. They asked me if I would sell them the Macan Turbo. I had no intentions of changing but said they would put together a really good deal if I would sell them the Turbo PP as it's "quite a rare car" and well spec'd.

That's when the problems started, we all there are no new Macan Turbos and they know first love has always been for 911's anyway. They also know my wife has a big 4WD and we have a Skoda Yeti for trips to the dump, so I possibly wouldn't need much pushing back into a sports car :frustrated:

The magic "GTS" was whispered. I've driven a few of these and you can believe all the hype about them being the sweet spot in the range, they are beautiful to drive and to live with. I grinned, nodded and was catapulted up the list for my favourite driving car. They wanted my car before the winter for obvious reasons.The already spec'd GTS comes in later this month.

I didn't need to think to hard, I paid the deposit and that was that :wack:
A manual would have been my pick and possibly rear wheel steering but that's about it. I like the stripped back interior of brushed black anodised aluminium trim with Alcantara. Black, on black, on black, an architects car, eh Joe? :grin:

You may have noticed they also took off the Alcantara steering wheel for a leather one. Alcantara steering wheels are designed to be used with driving gloves and OPC's like to spec cars for when they get them back, so it's a no no for them. No sweaty palms :nooo: :grin: Apart from on GT3's, RS's etcetera which hardly matters.

I am considering putting on a carbon heated wheel again which would be the only concession to the carbon exterior mirrors. I'm still thinking about that one as it's not simply matter of paying the £360 or so from the spec. list.

Watch this space

Cheers,
Paul

What a fab story. This is why I don't visit OPCs. :floor:

The pdk will be sublime.

I'll bet the car is a beauty. And here this month? How exciting. I wonder if/when they first planned this trap for you :grin:

Will you also stick winters on it then?

Funny, a pal has a yeti as his alternative car to his 993 C2, 997 Turbo, and 991 GT3 RS.

LOOKING FORWARD TO PICS.

Wow, what a spec :puh: Paul I do love your style sir. I often visit OPC and have never been asked if I want a coffee, yet alone a shiny new car! :worship: :worship: :worship: :bandit:

Chief said:
Wow, what a spec :puh: Paul I do love your style sir. I often visit OPC and have never been asked if I want a coffee, yet alone a shiny new car! :worship: :worship: :worship: :bandit:

You must be doing something wrong Chief, I get asked pretty much every week. Maybe I just look like I REALLY need a coffee :dont know:

That GTS spec looks superb :thumb:

MC

Hi All,

Joe,

The GTS will arrive around 20th of this month, I don't think I've ever bought a car as quick, apart from when I bought a mini-van for £15 from a bloke in a pub when I was 18, and drove it home. He wanted £50 for it but I didn't have any more :grin:

Yes, winter tyres are going on it, I'll sell my Macan spare winter set. The PDK is fantastic, I loved it when I had a GTS on the track, with the manual on the track it was harder work but more fun on normal roads. The PDK is still quicker though and a lot easier in traffic. So for track and traffic I suppose it's the best option. It's been brilliant in the Macan Turbo.

Chiefy,

Thank you! It had nothing to do with me :grin:

How are you Sir? I'm sure that's not true as your OPC will be able to tell you are a gentleman of considerable means, you probably dodge the sales people
:wink:

You know where to come if you need a coffee anytime, or something a little stronger perhaps :wink:

MC,

Thank you kindly :thumb:

I'll put up a few pics when I get it, maybe a short walk around video if I can be bothered :dont know:

Cheer for now,
Paul

Hi,

I'm thinking they may have got it wrong when ordering the steering wheel, it just says, "Heated Multi-Function Steering Wheel" so it's most likely that it will be an Alcantara but heated. I think they should have ticked the "Heated Leather" option.

Happy with that though if I'm correct since Alcantara is what it's supposed to have, I won't bother with the carbon heated wheel now. :grin:

Cheers,
Paul

Hi Paul,

Wow! That is a fantastic spec. The Macan PP was also a great spec. Nice problem to have.

Looking forward to seeing the GTS in the flesh.

Nice garage selection, topped with two black beauty's.

Well done Paul, enjoy every mile.

Cheers, Keith.

Hi Keith,

Thanks. Nice to hear from you :thumbs:

We'll have to arrange a meet for cars and coffee.

I've got it wrong, OPC did specify leather steering wheel. I wondered why they explained about the Alcantara one.

Carbon is back on he cards :?:

Cheers,
Paul

Hi All,

Today I went in to finalise the details, delivery is next week :eek:

Settled on a heated carbon wheel after some wangling :wink: So the only carbon items are the wing mirrors and the steering wheel, to lift the interior a little. Also a Gen-3 ceramic based glass coat and winter boots to be added before delivery.

Here's a thing you don't see every day, a full set of The Legends Limited Series of GTS's honouring Derek Bell (blue), Nick Tandy (white) and of course Richard Attwood in his famous 917's red & white.

You can clearly see the pronounced rear spoiler of the new GTS. Interestingly all drivers went for the AWD version and only Derek Bell plumbed for the manual box.

I know this isn't 964 stuff but we're among friends. :bye:

Although I may have a little bit of news about her soon!

Laters.

Cheers,
Paul

Love the subtle kick in the spoiler. Is that just a GTS thing?

I believe it's Sport Design Package on wide bodied cars Joe, which means Targas and GTS's, I think, however Porsche have habit of introducing stuff into future series :cop:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back