Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Youtube 993 review and oil change tutorial

A993LAD

Stumbled across this on YouTube...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OaMdXKCPCM

Very good knowledgeable review of the 993 by two "ladies", one of which really seems to know her(??) stuff.

Also a very detailed oil change video..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muyDgZV_O0k

Franny has a nice presenting style, although I'm not sure about wearing the ridiculous peaked sunvisor when working under the car in a confined space.

Her Adam's apple is also curiously obvious and the top Google search suggestion when keying in Heidi and Franny seems to be - "is Franny a man?"

Oil change

Very good video, so much easier with a lift!

Saw that video a few months ago. I was so engrossed in the video that it took my wife to point out the obvious...she went on to say that my online viewing needs to be vetted by a responsible adult.

Hi everyone, sorry for this question, but can you share a tutorial on youtube that will teach how to choose the oil for our cars?

duremars said:
Hi everyone, sorry for this question, but can you share a tutorial on youtube that will teach how to choose the oil for our cars?

Hi,

Just do a search on here for "oil" there are a lot of posts on the subject. :roll:

ATB :)

Oil

In my long lost youth I had a friend who had a mk1 golf diesel and when it came to it's service it got Super Universal which was his tractor oil of choice and that car went on to do 180'000 odd miles! I know it's not the same as a high performance air cooled but I don't think we need to get ***** about a drop of the black stuff. Who know's what some will have had put in in the last quarter century!

A993LAD said:
Also a very detailed oil change video..........

An excellent oil change video :thumb:

big fan of Franny, her videos are great. Gets right into the details without an hour of intros and background stories and philosophies on life.

There is some excellent VW Beetle content as well. If you're into that sort of thing.

Franny does a great job of educating the uneducated and even those who may think they know it ALL..

I watched the vid to the end, and in doing so was surprised when Franny mentioned air injection to reduce emissions on the 993..!

I had thought the SC with it`s obvious belt driven air pump was the last to utilise air injection and it was the one thing I did not like about that engine as it aged given the likely complications relative to corrosion on the air pipework connecting to the heads.

Causes me to wonder if UK spec 993`s have air injection, anybody know for sure... :?:

Luddite said:
I watched the vid to the end, and in doing so was surprised when Franny mentioned air injection to reduce emissions on the 993..!

Air pumps or smog pumps are on NA cars only.

pp

tyinsky said:
Got to have some balls to attempt this job.
She has! lol
Ive been doing it for years using jacks and axle stands only.
Once you've done it once its really not that hard :thumb:

Thanks for the heads up PP :?:

At the risk of seeming pedantic, the UK spec 911 SC had an air pump that fed air into the head also. Pleased to learn that the UK 3.2 does not have it. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back