Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I''m back in a 911!!!.. 996 C2 project begins.

It even interferes with the radio in my 3 year old VW Transporter.

Think I'll file it under F :roll:

A cracking pic from last year when I photo bombed the local TIPEC group whilst they were in the pub on club business.

Attachments

• 3b029fe5_9def_4c9b_b99c_a808f37930d5_534.jpeg
    3b029fe5_9def_4c9b_b99c_a808f37930d5_534.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 1,935
On no not a Wednesday fan surely.....

So with the 914 now sold I think may need to sell the 911 as well to tick the next box in my motoring life. :thumb:

Aston?

C'mon spill the beans! :D

Good luck with the sale. Hopefully you'll still be visiting these parts.
I hope yours sells quickly or we may be fighting over buyers. :grin:

I'm going to decide this week if I'm going to put mine up. :thumb:

Don't do it Mark, unless you have something seriously better in mind. My current man maths algorithm states - "pay 100% more must be 100% faster/better/etc.".........there's nothing out there that can come anywhere near.

Apart from mayber £25k on a low mileage AM Vantage :oops: :wack: :grin:

Yep, I know. Whatever it is it won't be £20k/£30k better than the 996 dynamically. It will be purely heart over head.

Whenever I pop into my garage I think 'Don't be an idiot, keep it", but then I go looking around on the internet. :wink:

Time will tell though and it's 50:50 for now. :thumb:

KAS, I hope you're staying with the brand, as I enjoy your threads and what you do to your cars. :thumb:

alex yates said:
Don't do it Mark, unless you have something seriously better in mind. My current man maths algorithm states - "pay 100% more must be 100% faster/better/etc.".........there's nothing out there that can come anywhere near.

Apart from mayber £25k on a low mileage AM Vantage :oops: :wack: :grin:

:mrgreen:

Marky911 said:
Yep, I know. Whatever it is it won't be £20k/£30k better than the 996 dynamically. It will be purely heart over head.

Whenever I pop into my garage I think 'Don't be an idiot, keep it", but then I go looking around on the internet. :wink:

Time will tell though and it's 50:50 for now. :thumb:

KAS, I hope you're staying with the brand, as I enjoy your threads and what you do to your cars. :thumb:

Marky I have owned a Porsche pretty much constantly for 29 years and having just turned 50 I know that I need to tick some boxes whilst I still have the interest!

My 996 is utterly sorted and drives like a new car so it could be a very good buy for someone.

It may not happen for me but the V8 vantage look outrageous value and a safe place to have my money sat.I remember 8k Sc's,10k 3.2 Carreras and 12k 964's,so I can recognise a trend when it's starting to pan out.

I have done loads of research and I have lined up a good indie in Wilmslow who raves about the V8 vantage and said that they sometimes have niggles but they have never had to have one trailered back to them and also said that they have quite a few customers cars on their books with well over 100k covered.

An example of what is out there

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...-from=500&postcode=pr76jt&page=2&modal=photos

Mornin' Kas,

I can totally see the attraction. Of the two cars I would sell my 996 for, that aren't Porsche, one is a V8V and the other is an F type, although the latter will lose a lot. (Obviously there are more but they aren't under my £40-odd K budget.

The Aston's sound and look stunning, I just worry that once the new car buzz wears off, I'd be left with a less involving drive. I'm lucky that my mates have sampled just about everything as one of them is a dealer (he has an Aston at the moment), so I'm able to sample a lot of cars properly without having to buy them or waste salesmen's time.

I've decided that if I don't change my 996 for a year or two I'm going to add an '07/'08 XKR as a daily. Cheap mans Aston :grin: and I still have the 996 for weekends. My boss had one new in '07 and I liked it. Auto slush-box only though.

If an interesting air-cooled 911 comes up though I'll go for that but a lot of stars would need to align for that to happen, eg selling the 996 quickly etc.

15 years of 911s for me (minus 2015), but I'm still addicted. :D

Enjoy the search for your next car, it's always fun. :thumb:

The Aston in that link looks very good value! They are outrageously good to look at too aren't they!?

I've heard nothing but tales of regret from people buying them though, am I alone in this? I ask as if what I've been hearing is wrong then I'd consider a vantage too if my turbo ever sells. :dont know:

I've been considering that exact same car Ady. Been on a few weeks now and looks an absolutes steal. I don't see how anyone with a bit of nous and likes dabbling with the spanners would regret buying one of these...........and they'll be £35k in 5 years.

Mark - I'm in that exact same 50:50 position. Quite frustrating. Frank & I even did some role play on the pub car park yesterday with Frank the salesman and me the buyer. He quite easily sold my own car back to me. Think the correlation of the new hood being like wearing a new pair of underpants sealed the deal :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back