Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gen 2 not intended as a scare story and is just my Car

KJD said:
Phil 997 said:
mikeluke said:
So you'll not be fuelling the Bentley too often either then?

I have set a target to try and get the Bentley up to 13mpg as part of my economy drive. :floor: :floor: :floor:

Never going to happen :floor:

:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

Just a quick update. Baz confirmed parts are on the way the cargraphic cats and headers are already with them, so the build should start in the next week or so. :grin: :thumb:

You might have it back from Christmas!

Hi phil , good news regarding the rebuild :thumb: in time for spring hopefully mate.

Are you considering 6 new forged pistons or waiting for the outcome when it's stripped?

Phil 997 said:
Just a quick update. Baz confirmed parts are on the way the cargraphic cats and headers are already with them, so the build should start in the next week or so. :grin: :thumb:

Great, heading the right direction now mate :grin:

Good to hear it will be on the mend soon Phil :thumb: with some added bling 8)

Phil 997 said:

Brighton breakfast run ? :?: And can you keep it within `running in` limits ? :D

Thanks for the replies gents. Not sure how long before I get it back seems to depend on when the block arrives from Germany. ideally while it's oooop norf I can tie in a chip wizards remap as it seems he's the man when it come to getting the best map written for these cars when modded. I am worried about running it in as I don't really drive like miss daisy so might have to employ a running in assistant ' must have driving miss daisy ' listed as experience. And never watched fast and furious :grin: depending on timing etc may be up for the breakfast in Brighton run or fast stroll :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
I am worried about running it in as I don't really drive like miss daisy so might have to employ a running in assistant ' must have driving miss daisy ' listed as experience. And never watched fast and furious :grin: depending on timing etc may be up for the breakfast in Brighton run or fast stroll :thumb:

Bagsy me!

I'm definitely the man for that job. Never speed, me. Just a leisurely 65 down the middle lane. Promise. Scouts honour. :thumb:

DrJimBone said:
Phil 997 said:
I am worried about running it in as I don't really drive like miss daisy so might have to employ a running in assistant ' must have driving miss daisy ' listed as experience. And never watched fast and furious :grin: depending on timing etc may be up for the breakfast in Brighton run or fast stroll :thumb:

Bagsy me!

I'm definitely the man for that job. Never speed, me. Just a leisurely 65 down the middle lane. Promise. Scouts honour. :thumb:

Jimbo you do not meet the required job spec for the following reasons
A. You were a passenger in Fareds 1200 bhp 996 turbo that while overtaking me at 100mph+ did a wheel spin.
B. While I was doing 130+ mph ( on a stretch of private road) on the way back from Porsche on the prom you were again a passenger this time in Steves 997 GT3 that overtook me and vanished into the distance over a blind hill
C. You are having a cayman LS3 500 bhp built as I type this.

Trust me miss daisy you are not :grin: and enjoying a intermate evening in the past with miss daisy also doesn't count as driving miss daisy so don't try and use that one either :floor:

Me. I can do Miss daisy as long as dolly can come along for the ride :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
enjoying a intimate evening in the past with miss daisy also doesn't count as driving miss daisy

Ploughing Miss Daisy... :hand: :floor:

Okay, okay. You have some good points there... :dont know:

KJD said:

😂😂😂 Kev mate with respect I can't wait 2 years for you to do 1,000 miles running it in. 😂😂😂 although I know it would be very clean during that time :grin:

Phil 997 said:
KJD said:

😂😂😂 Kev mate with respect I can't wait 2 years for you to do 1,000 miles running it in. 😂😂😂 although I know it would be very clean during that time :grin:

That's a fair point as I'd have it on a SORN over the winter :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back