Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New to 996's

4 in total. I'm guessing 2 below the battery then. I'll get the battery out at some stage this week and get a proper look. Have it all dried out last night thanks to having the vacuum and drier.

maldren said:
I've got the resonator bypass in place at the moment and I'm going to revert back - too boomy for me.

When you say resonator bypass, do you mean a bung in the top of the air box and a silicone pipe from the box to the throttle body?
Does it really make that much difference? What air filter do you have?
I'd be interested in buying it if your taking it off

:welcome: Ned!

Great choice of car you have there. Good luck with sorting the niggles out, but when you do, take it out for a blast.

Just to let you know how good they are, I will just leave this here;

Welcome to the forum. :bye:

That's a terrific specification you have there with the M030, Aerokit and LSD. Someone went to town on that when new :grin:

Plenty of expert help around here. Look forward to hearing more :thumbs:

Thanks again for the welcome. I'm finding the forum very helpful. Haven't had much time to go through everything as there's obviously so much. The helps always much appreciated for tips and money saving advice. I might do the air box mod but think I could make it easy enough so wouldn't be paying the Porsche tax. Everyone seems to be using k+n or bmc which I've never heard of. What about the likes of piper x or ram air?

That's very helpful mark. It seems I need to pour water down and check it but by the look of it, a lot of cars have the top hat missing completely. It's possible that I couldn't see the bend on the one on the passenger side as it's heading towards the side of the car and that's the angle I was looking at it meaning the pipe was actually running back towards me. I'll see if I can fish it out or make a long pair of pliers to reach in. Not overly worried as the cars inside and really won't do much until I'm in better shape next year.

On the plus side, I was checking my history. It has only been serviced in August so I don't need to panic on that 1 but it was only a minor/annual service so I'm assuming oil and filter only. It has a reasonably fresh paper filter so I'll get plugs and a fuel filter for peace of mind. I'll maybe stick in a piper x filter here to and do the airbox mod. Probably never hear it as I have full stainless headers, cats and rear boxes already. I was given 2 standard rear boxes with the car but I'll probably sell those on as I don't think I'll ever use them.
Another thing to note is I have a ticking from cold. Lasts maybe a minute on idle. Gone after that and I'm assuming it's just a sticky tapet.

Thanks Alex. I'm guessing at this stage just about every problem has been covered on here somewhere. It's the sort of info that'll save a fortune.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back