Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Just replaced my engine mounts- WOW!

Will give it a go. How critical is it that the hangars go back in exactly tvr same position? The nut witness marks on the hangars indicate tray the pars have now shifted 5mm from where they used to be...

Fitted my new engine mounts yesterday, I wouldn't say it was a revelation but it's certainly tightening things up at the back and by the look of the old ones they did need doing.

Fitted the gearbox mount inserts today, the mount looked in very good shape so that was pleasing and they went it pretty easy but I didn't realise I'd have to take so much off to get to them, I really need a lift! Only time for a quick test drive, again the improvements were subtle but there is definitely less feedback when you lift off and it doesn't feel too firm and no extra vibration or noise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back