Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

After Sales Service from an OPC

@Baldguy ..

Im rather amazed to be honest , i thought you might get better service from Porsche customer service ..

The maps as said was a long shot but to buy a car with a fault .. and if we are talking a loud squeel every braking application then it is a fault and this should be rectified.

Your next cource of action imho would be to record it and send that to Porsche stating that people look at you every time you stop and thats its an obvious fault as no other Cayennes you have driven whilst looking for a car to buy did this .

Porsche may well be thinking you are talking about a small squeek hence the video rubbish they sent you to watch .. Porsche have a get out clause for that im afraid... and they like to use it .. but even so on a car thats just been bought it still warrents investigation.

The costs they have quoted :O seriously !!!

If you wanted brake pads/discs replaced then labour time is 1.6 hrs .. so at my Garage its about £170 .. to deglaze ill go with 1.5 hours labour front OR rear depending on which is making the noise .

We are £85 + vat per hour.

If you get no joy at all then get the map update for the reasons below and an indy to fix the car .. not good at all but its all i can suggest .. and im also a bit embaressed to be a Porsche Mechanic atm to be honest .

The costs for the above work on the brake pads is £576.00 and the cost for the maps software update is £216.00, as a gesture of goodwill Porsche Cars Great Britain will be able to contribute £192.00 including VAT towards the work carried out on the brake pads OR Software update.

That would be a cheap way of upgrading the PCM software :?:

EDIT ..

For anyone looking to buy a car from an OPC then consider Mid-Sussex ..

I would be happy to make a call to the GM asking them to do their best and whilst i realise this Should NOT be needed its all i can do to try and help out ... this wont get you extra discounts though :)

Pm me details so i can make the call if needed.

Mid-Sussex is my old OPC .

baldguy said:
So..... Many thanks to all for the varied replies....

As expected Porsche UK showed their true colors... I made it "very" clear i'm a seasoned Petrolhead and know my stuff, and to be sent a Youtube link to explain brake squeal is quite frankly insulting.

The guy from the Porsche UK Customer Service is clearly an 18 years old and leaves for the day getting into his 1.0 Corsa as he sure knows nothing about Customer Service or Performance cars, I don't expect this from a performance marque who charge the earth for their cars and service and who clearly have zero customer service to give.... i'm beyond livid!!!

My slightly edited email string below....

MY INITIAL REQUEST I LOGGED ON THE PORSCHE UK CUSTOMER SERVICE WEBPAGE

I recently came back to Porsche after having three 911's in the past and bought a 2013 Cayenne Turbo from Porsche Centre East London.

I was dealt with by xxxxx, the sale went well and I collected the car on 18th October. xxxxxx was on holiday from 22nd October for the week so I awaited his return as there is two items I'd like fixed/looked at.

I spoke to xxxx on Monday 29th October and mentioned that since I collected the Cayenne the brakes were squealing badly and i wanted it rectified. there was no immediate "of course sir I can get that done"... what he said was "our 11 point check would have picked up any issues and have you tried braking hard a few times as the cars been sitting for a while" I'm far from stupid in the car world after 3 previous Porsches, 2 Lamborghinis, various Mercedes AMG models and Audi RS models to name a few so when he said that I quite frankly insulted and said similar words to xxxx.

As I'm sure you're aware, brake squeal is from worn pads/discs or simply the brake pads need de-glazing and anti-squeal compound applied, probably the latter in this case. I also mentioned that I'd of thought that any OPC used vehicle should of had the PCM maps upgraded to the latest maps prior to sale but my vehicle is still running 2013 maps,

xxxx mentioned there would be a charge for this to myself which I do not agree with and I'd like this upgraded. I'm looking for your help to get these 2 simply items rectified at Porsche Centre East London's expense as I don't expect after spending £43,000 for a 33,000 mile vehicle this should be at my cost or any used vehicle after such a short time of ownership. I live 80 miles and nearly 2 hours away from Porsche Centre East London but I'm willing to travel to them and take a courtesy car whilst they carry out this work. I hope you can help me with my request and contact xxxx or his Sales Manager to get this simple request rectified as I feel I've been let down by the lack of his Porsche Customer service skills. I look forward to your reply on these 2 matters
Best Regards xxxxxxx

Good Morning xxxxx
Thank you for contacting Porsche Cars Great Britain.
I am sorry to hear of your concerns regarding your vehicles brake squealing as well as your vehicle not having the latest version of maps.
In regards to your vehicles brake squeal I have added the below video link which I hope assists in explaining the brake squeal that may occur, the video will explain that brake squeal may occur when the energy of motion is converted into heat and minute vibrations which then dissipate throughout the brake system.

This can sometimes be thought to be a malfunction although this is infrequently the case. I hope the below video helps to explain this in greater detail.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUNHb9O52WQ

I have contacted Porsche Centre East London to discuss the total cost to have the brake pads stripped and deglazed as well as applying the Maps software update.
The costs for the above work on the brake pads is £576.00 and the cost for the maps software update is £216.00, as a gesture of goodwill Porsche Cars Great Britain will be able to contribute £192.00 including VAT towards the work carried out on the brake pads or Software update.
To use the £192.00 goodwill gesture from Porsche Cars Great Britain please quote the following reference number to Porsche Centre East London - xxxxxxx
I hope this assists you, if you have any further questions please let me know.
Thank you for contacting Porsche Cars Great Britain.
Kindest Regards

Personal Case Manager
Porsche Customer Assistance Centre
On behalf of Porsche Cars Great Britain Ltd
Bath Road, Calcot, Reading, RG31 7SE
Phone: 03457 911 911
Email: [email protected]

Good Morning xxx,

I'm totally gobsmacked that a premium vehicle brand doesn't look after their customers better.
I expect Porsche East London to put my issues right at their cost, chatting on a well known Porsche Forum that I've been a member of for 10 years plus everyone agrees the squealing should not happen.. I've had many performance cars and the only ones that have squealed albeit ceramic brakes have been Porsche, even my 2 911 C4s "big red" brakes didn't squeal.
I'm also very surprised that you being the main Porsche dealer can't enforce such an action as such.
I'm disgusted with the service I've received, I suggest Porsche East London uses the £192 towards customer service training for xxxxxx.

Regards xxxx

Good Morning

Thank you for your email.

If you feel the video link in my previous email did not answer your query, you can of course book your vehicle in with Porsche Centre East London for your concerns to be addressed further.

The Service department of Porsche Centre East London will be able to contact you after your vehicle is assessed further to discuss their findings and how they can assist going forward.

I am sorry I could not help further personally, if you have any further questions please let me know.

So I guess I'll get mixed replies to this, but for me, I'm totally disgusted with Porsche UK and Porsche East London, they have zero customer skills. I've never ever experienced this from any other brand I've had and quite frankly if it wasn't for the warranty I have they'd never see me again.

Porsche - You have a huge amount to learn from most other brands about customer service, stop hiding behind your herritage as your cars are shxt at times.

The brake issue is poor form from OPC East London's side, in light of the 111 point check and the nature of the car, this should be sorted out FOC.

The Sat Nav disc issue, unless you specified it as the part of the sale then their position is expected.

Considering how good the likes of Google Maps is, on your phone, get yourself a quality air vent magnetic phone and you've have one of the most advanced Sat Nav systems in your car for free.

Dialogue with the OPC and their DP is recommended in the 1st instance before going to Porsche GB.

Thanks Guys, so a slight update as I'm one to not let things go lightly.....

After dealing with the sales guy, his arrogance and total lack of any customer service, I went straight to Porsche UK and bypassed his Sales Manager and the Dealer Principle. I thought Porsche UK has spoken to them which lead to their reply..
I guess not as I got this yesterday after sending an email direct to them both yesterday....

Morning Mr xxxxxx,

Fully understand where you are coming from.

I am not in the business until Monday and need to look at the 111 check, But I think from memory this car was prepared by Porsche before coming in to my stock.

We run very high standards with the preparation on Used cars and the cars get Auditied by Porsche and the checks are very thorough.

I would guess they do just need a de-glaze but I would need to see the report first.

On the PCM point, xxxxx is correct it is not part of the 'Porsche Approved" process to upgrade the PCM with updated Nav.

I have been with Porsche for many years and has never been part of Porsche Standards.

Enjoy the weekend and I will come back to you Monday.

Kind Regards,

xxxxxxxxx
Sales Manager

Porsche Centre East London
Gallions Park
101 Woolwich Manor Way
London
E6 6EY

I now await with everything crossed to atleast get the Reds de-glazed....

The trouble with going to Porsche GB is the lack of a graceful fallback position.

I'd echo the suggestion to work with the OPC and even then I rarely needed the Dealer Principal to get involved. He did phone me once though.

I take the view that I'm probably well below the average spend there, even if it seems a lot of money to me.

I wouldn't go to East or West London. South London were not around when I was buying. I started outside the M25 and things generally got better the further I went.

Guildford, Cambridge and Bolton have been good. Brooklands a bit of a mixture, but still largely recommended. I've never used Mid Sussex, but colleagues did and were happy.

baldguy said:
Thanks Guys, so a slight update as I'm one to not let things go lightly.....

After dealing with the sales guy, his arrogance and total lack of any customer service, I went straight to Porsche UK and bypassed his Sales Manager and the Dealer Principle. I thought Porsche UK has spoken to them which lead to their reply..
I guess not as I got this yesterday after sending an email direct to them both yesterday....

Morning Mr xxxxxx,

Fully understand where you are coming from.

I am not in the business until Monday and need to look at the 111 check, But I think from memory this car was prepared by Porsche before coming in to my stock.

We run very high standards with the preparation on Used cars and the cars get Auditied by Porsche and the checks are very thorough.

I would guess they do just need a de-glaze but I would need to see the report first.

On the PCM point, xxxxx is correct it is not part of the 'Porsche Approved" process to upgrade the PCM with updated Nav.

I have been with Porsche for many years and has never been part of Porsche Standards.

Enjoy the weekend and I will come back to you Monday.

Kind Regards,

xxxxxxxxx
Sales Manager

Porsche Centre East London
Gallions Park
101 Woolwich Manor Way
London
E6 6EY

I now await with everything crossed to atleast get the Reds de-glazed....

"the cars get Auditied by Porsche and the checks are very thorough"

based on this statement, a question back would be to understand if your car was audited and the results of their last audit, i.e. did they pass or was it a fail with what actions to remedy

OP, I hope you get the issue sorted but this is another example of the 'Porsche Attitude' turning what is relatively minor but annoying issue into an explosive mess.

Why do they do it ??? Do German Porsche customers get treated this way?

Hope you get it sorted, it would cost them a very small amount to make you happy but they decide to make you very unhappy, what fools!!

Love my Indy, hate my OPC :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back