Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sub 25 bags (Unicorn found)

Good buy that if it sells for £25k'ish. Use it as intended and it's never going to shed much cash.

C.

Not keen on the John Major Grey interior or the wear on the carpet mat :what:

N/S A-pillar looks like quite a lot of rust so will need metalwork.

Could be a good starter and one to use as high miles and more gaps in history file than Swiss cheese will always make it a curate's egg.

I could get it up to showroom standard I reckon for less than £4k discounting AC and any engine issues.

Zingari said:
I could get it up to showroom standard I reckon for less than £4k discounting AC and any engine issues.

But then it'd only be worth vingt cinq sacs

Zingari said:
Not keen on the John Major Grey interior or the wear on the carpet mat :what:

N/S A-pillar looks like quite a lot of rust so will need metalwork.

Could be a good starter and one to use as high miles and more gaps in history file than Swiss cheese will always make it a curate's egg.

Trim loose on rear screen (nearside lower corner) - needs a new one. £750(?) + aperture work + fitting. So that's both screens out, I reckon. But it would be a great project for someone. The inevitable a/c work will empty the coffers though... :thumbs:

24 years old and 200k - it's not going to be showroom, but who cares? It's a car you can use and properly enjoy.

So just out of interest (the car is local to me), if it fetches, say, £30k, roughly how much would one of these typically need spending on to get it into "excellent" condition?
Perhaps that's impossible to say, I don't know.
And what might it then be worth assuming that it's then in really good, tip-top nick?

Counter Of Beans said:
So just out of interest (the car is local to me), if it fetches, say, £30k, roughly how much would one of these typically need spending on to get it into "excellent" condition?
And what might it then be worth assuming that it's then in really good, tip-top nick?
If you are paying someone else to work on your vehicle then it will always be more cost effective to buy a tidy car initially.

kas750 said:
Counter Of Beans said:
If you are paying someone else to work on your vehicle then it will always be more cost effective to buy a tidy car initially.

Very true. Easy t sink £10k+ into one of these. That siad you thne get a car that is sorted to your standard rather than .one that's supposed 'excellent' but isnt.

Zingari said:
Very true. Easy t sink £10k+ into one of these. That siad you then get a car that is sorted to your standard rather than .one that's supposed 'excellent' but isnt.

From rough to excellent - somewhere between £20k and £25k

-£10k for rust, paint, door straps, wheels, glass, rubbers
- £2k interior (seats, carpets, trim)
- £5k top end engine rebuild, can covers, major service, gearbox linkage
- £3k suspension
- £1k tyres
- £1k brakes
- £1k lights, lens etc
- £1k bearings, non-suspension bushes
- £1k Heat shield, bumper hangers

Is there such a thing as a cheap 993 :?: :?: :?:
an S is mega £££££
don't get me wrong I would love a 993 C2s ,C4s, turbo or turbo s.
but are they worth the money ?? 100+k for S
997.1 turbo 1/2 the money and what a car :worship: :worship:
but I would say that :thumb:

Mine has had at least £45k spent on it since May/June 2016 when I bought it. Perhaps closer to £50k if I could be bothered to add it all up (I don't want to). Sorting out the suspension, getting the A/C to work, little bits of paint, a clutch, servicing, changing the gearbox oil, replacing the speakers, putting in a Porsche Classic Radio Nav, fixing cracked fog lenses, putting ambers back on, that damn reflector at the back that loses its lustre, everything from small stuff like a new set of Porsche mats or that one piece leather gear knob thing to an engine rebuild. That's a car with 60k less on it and a well documented FSH. With the knowledge I have of these cars now I would literately wee my pants if I were to consider buying that one on eBay.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back