Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.1 cab C2 manual

Dammit said:
Plates have arrived - very impressed with the quality, speed of delivery etc.

They've done both at 17", which I hadn't expected - I'd only asked for the front to be short.

That said, it makes sense to have both the same size, I'll have to stick it on to see how it looks.

44899654202_7d13e6eeac_b.jpg

Where did you get the 17" plates from? Where they custom made?

Dammit said:
Platesforcars.co.uk made them up for me, good bunch to deal with.

Perfect thanks as i couldn't find anyone to do a custom size, just placed an order :thumb:

Dammit, I'm really liking that gear stick.

I'm presuming it's the Function First one? Did you buy through eBay or their site?

I like the addition of the suede gaiter too. Finished nicely.

How do you find gear changes compare with the original stick? Is it the shorter version?

Sorry lots of questions. I've looked at getting one for ages. I find my Carbon one a bit awkward....

It is under the Function First one, I bought it direct from their website.

The picture was taken by the chap who trimmed the gearstick (gaitor) and the handbrake in Alcantara- I don't have the car at the moment as its gone back to have some issues with the paint job and the roof rectified.

Seems I've spent longer without the car than with this year- and when I get it back it will be tucked away in the garage, so it might be a while before I can report fully on how the shift feels.

It's a 997 GT3 shifter underneath the Function First lever.

Cheers Neil, let us know how you rate it.

Ive tried a couple of cars with short shifts (my current one Inc) and a couple without. The ones with the standard shift seemed to me to be sweeter somehow. More leverage and less bulky maybe.

You're not alone there James. I've never yet found a shortshift that I've preferred to a factory shifter.

That looks great though Neil. I'm half tempted to get one now and just mount it on my standard shifter. I like the yellow gate detail. 8)

Hah, yeah - I got that to match the 12 O'clock band, it's either going to work really well or look dreadful, I thought I could order another knob easy enough if it's the latter.

This is the longer shifter option from Function First - I'm interested in where it leaves the knob, and also whether (if it's longer) it changes the perceived shift speed due to a longer throw.

Of course, I need D:Class to give me my car back in order to find that out.

Not that I've picked the car up yet, but I'm beginning to think that I have too many colours in the cabin. Not something I'm going to do anything about rapidly, but I'm wondering about reducing the amount of blue. I'll keep the blue roof, and therefore rollover hoop, but maybe move to charcoal grey/black for the rest of the material covered sections.

I might also remove the rear seats and replace them with a luggage area, maybe with a detachable net that stretches across to stop items hitting the seat backs.

Input welcomed.

Nothing to add Neil, but registering my interest as ever.

That's why I stuck with grey stitching on my alcantara parts. The urge was there to go red, then red seat belts or yellow like the 12 o clock band but in the end I figured grey doesn't lend itself to a Motorsport or jazzed up look.

I'll be watching your rear seat developments then.
I ditched mine for the weight saving when I ditched the standard fronts but being honest the rear seats with the backs folded down provide a more useful luggage bench than the 2 dished areas the seats have left.

For my roadtrip next year the standard front seats are going back in, so I may as well put the rears in for the luggage bench. So then I've gone full circle and think why bother with buckets at all.
Then I think "Oh the seat belts are good for strapping the luggage in for the twisty roads, so should I refit those?" :frustrated: :grin:

These things we do eh....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back