Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

If Not A Porsche, Then What.....?

NB997 - what about one of the most successful sports cars ever built...??

Mazda MX5.... :dont know:

Yep - i'll get me coat...

Osh

I think you two should swap cars :lol:

Boba fett said:
No thats wrong - and its been months....and its sold... its still the nicest 997 Turbo ever in my opinion...

Still looks lovey though, and I have regrets

WTF, you've sold it :eek: ........ or are you joking or what?

..........hope you are joking :thumbs:

maph said:
Boba fett said:
No thats wrong - and its been months....and its sold... its still the nicest 997 Turbo ever in my opinion...

:eek:

Has he
fett.gif

popcorn2.gif

HSC911 said:
maph said:
Boba fett said:

Has he
fett.gif

popcorn2.gif

Yes my mate buying it, he has always wanted it, I have taken a deposit - what have I done !!

Boba you've sold the Black Turbo, what were you thinking!

On the flip side I've got a nice Gen 2 Turbo that could use a nice new owner, tastefully modded and very well cared for.

Boba fett said:
HSC911 said:
maph said:
Boba fett said:

Has he
fett.gif

popcorn2.gif

Yes my mate buying it, he has always wanted it, I have taken a deposit - what have I done !!

Whaaat?
I don't f'kin believe it ...!

You will be sorry .....!

Watched this tonight Paul & thought of you. Watch the whole clip........just mesmerising :grin:

Hmmmm, what do you want from you car N997B :?:

To even suggest that you could swap from a 997 Turbo to an i8 sends a shiver down my spine to be honest :sad:

Power, acceleration, top speed, torque, pose value, admiration :?:

I`ve driven most supercar marques on track in the last few years ( oddly enough not a Maclaren yet ) and the only car that I ever stepped out of that I had to buy into was a Porsche, given that it was a 997.1 GT3 racecar and I was giggling like a schoolboy as my instructor was saying power, power, power, off the brakes, off the brakes, off the brakes, that`s impossible the car can`t do that :grin:

You need to really drive the cars that you are considering on a track and hard, why not try some "supercar" driving days, it will be much cheaper than making a terrible decision :thumb:

My mate Chubby has just sold his Nissan GTR Black edition 900 Bhp monster after a track day together, it scared him to death...............and it broke with a £4000 repair bill.............he`s going back to a Noble M12, have you considered one of those :?:

Lambo........too wide and long
Fezza..........too wide and long
Macca.........too wide and long
GTR............too wide and long
Tesla...........too wide and long, runs out of battery in 5 mins on track
i8...............too wide and long, runs out of battery in 5 mins on track
Noble M12...It`s a mondeo for Christ`s sake

Just my "two penneth", you have to live with it on a daily basis :grin:

And no, IMHO, there is no substitue, drive it every day, go shopping, pick up a Christmas tree.....................Then hit the track for a few laps and drive home, park it up, drive to work in the morning :judge:

Sorry been busy travelling with work in Switzerland then Belgium, so haven't had the time to give this thread the attention it deserves.

Really interesting perspectives, experiences and stories. Still shocked that Boba Fett has sold his 997 turbo :eek:

It's helping me reflect on what I want from a car. As well as what other marques bring. Be really interested to hear who's owned an AMG, Aston Vantage, Gallardo, GTR or R8?

The Maclarens are out of my financial bracket as house spend on floors, bathrooms and so on will see to that.

Finally if there is no substitute, then what other 911 or Porsche could I move to?

Thoughts, ideas and anecdotes all welcome :thumbs:

Morning Paul

Can't help with experiences of other brands I'm afraid but I would definitely recommend trying a GT3.

997.1 should be well within budget and as an added bonus your DSC module could be tweaked to fit aswell I think.

In comfort spec they are compliant enough to be used daily and I was amazed at just how bloody quick they are,! I expected the sublime handling etc but not the outright pace.

Happy to take you out in mine once it's out of hibernation next spring.......or another option could be a low mileage Turbo S with aero kit if only you could find such a thing :lol:

I also went for a Gallardo LP560-4 Spyder.

Not as practical or every day useable as the 911 but has much more sense of occasion when taking it out for a blast.

The sound of the screaming V10 right behind your head along with the sound of those down shifts are intoxicating.

I was also looking at mclarens at the time, ruled out due to running costs and F430's (general advice was F430 Vs original Gallardo then get the F430, F430 vs LP560 then get the LP560)

The Lambo gets a hell of a lot more attention than the 911, you get random people filming you and chasing you up the street in traffic which the daughter finds extremely embarrasing :)

RELCKL7.jpg

L5v06nF.jpg

markj - was the street sign writter pissed when he did the markings outside your gaff...???

its all spelt wrong...?? :dont know: :dont know:

Osh

Osh said:
markj - was the street sign writter pissed when he did the markings outside your gaff...???

its all spelt wrong...?? :dont know: :dont know:

Osh

You can see what he was thinking... 'lucky twyd'

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back