Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Clicking noise when pulling away

davidjf7

Hi guys,

Anyone had this - a loud clicking noise from under the car when pulling away.

Not straight after releasing the brakes, but maybe a second later.

Car is a PDK

Tried to google it and wondering if it's a driveshaft?

Thanks

C2 or C4?

Might be the brakes and the rattle clip thingies.

Mine do it abit, wouldn't call it a loud clunk, Just a click like the pads move slightly when brake pressure is released and the wheel starts turning.

More evident when up to operating temps and the brakes have been used a fair bit. :cop:

neil_911 said:
Might be the brakes and the rattle clip thingies.

Mine do it abit, wouldn't call it a loud clunk, Just a click like the pads move slightly when brake pressure is released and the wheel starts turning.

More evident when up to operating temps and the brakes have been used a fair bit. :cop:

yes, def not a clunk - will see if it does it when cold tonight!

Have you checked nothing is fouling wheels and tyres?
- thinking broken coil spring.

But there are lots of possibilities.
Are you turning when it makes the noise?
Does it have LSD?

davidjf7 said:
So, it only does it when warm..

My moneys on the brakes then.

I've tried to sort mine out, greasing up the contact points of the pads. But still does it. Used to it now, It only became apparent when i put some brembo pads in, and not porsche ones. Even though it shouldn't make a difference. I just wonder if porsche ones are a slightly better fit.

Thanks all.

Nothing rubbing that I can see - it sounds like something releasing with a clicking noise.

Only noticed it in a straight line.

Front discs and pads were changed by OPC two years ago.

Thanks deMort - do you mean bolts 9 and 12? :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back