Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Squeaking creaking rattle dashboard FIXED with windscreen tr

wasz said:
I have squeek squeek squeek squeek coming from somewhere in front of my clocks

Maybe this is it!

Always try pushing / pulling the clocks / panel to see if it stops .. several different fixes for this on a 997 so i assume the same for a 996 .. i know the base of the cluster can cause noises .. felt tape along the base is one fix .

deMort said:
Clutch squeek inside and booster spring .. outside and slave / clutch cover ... grease on the end of the slave cyl first as otherwise its a box out and a new clutch :(

I've had a new clutch, and related new clutch parts, and replaced the helper spring/s, was told it was bushings as none of the work done had banished the Clutch Mouse. Be mildly annoying if the box had to come out again.

Dammit said:
deMort said:
Clutch squeek inside and booster spring .. outside and slave / clutch cover ... grease on the end of the slave cyl first as otherwise its a box out and a new clutch :(

I've had a new clutch, and related new clutch parts, and replaced the helper spring/s, was told it was bushings as none of the work done had banished the Clutch Mouse. Be mildly annoying if the box had to come out again.

I had a squeeky creaky clutch. Porsche updated the 996 release arm and pivot with the 997 items of a different design, about £100 in parts. I also replaced the release bearing guide tube and slave cylinder. No more creeky clutch.

You are quite right - 997 part number:

45046694464_6346e244f2_b.jpg

Interesting .. does the noise sound like its outside and from the back .. try with window or door open ..

Or is it inside ?

i listed the obvious points but there are a few others ..

That work was done with the engine out and fairly recently .. 6 monthes ish wasnt it ?

Or was it a while ago ?

Mid-last year, and yes it was with the engine out.

The noise sounds like it's coming from the pedal itself, and I was told it was the bushings in the pedal that needed to be changed when I picked it up from it's last service - which given where it sounds like the noise is coming from I didn't question.

It might still be something in the gearbox - but most things that move have been changed, so I'm at a bit of a loss as to what. That said, I'm hugely ignorant.

If its from the rear then its kinda obvious as you can hear it with the door or window open when pressing the pedal .. you dont tend to hear it on normal driveing as well .... the bits in the box have been replaced and greased were needed .. i kinda know that ;)

Booster spring is the more obvious but im afraid we have to change it to eliminate it , as with all noises we cant actually see whats causeing it .. if the item can be seen then we kinda feel it .. hands on different items to feel for the noise .

Booster spring wasnt replaced with engine out so im guessing a while back and for this noise ?

Yup it sounds stupid but it works .

You also have a shaft which supports the pedals with bushes in the shaft , you also have the clutch master cyl .. this has a rod going into rubber seals which can cause noises .. these are more unusual but if the booster spring has been replaced then personnely i would lean towards it being a master cyl.

Now then .. sometimes this can be fixed with a simple spray of lubricant on the rod / end of the slave cyl.

i think for now let me know when / if you are dropping by .. remind me and ill have a look .. if i can fix it easily then i will .

Attachments

• 702_00_211.gif
    702_00_211.gif
    63.2 KB · Views: 941

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back