Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 rear light damage - any ideas?

Britince

Hi Everyone.
By a process of elimination, I've worked out that the green circuit board inside the light casing has failed on one of my rear led lights. The rest of the light is fine and works perfectly if I swap the circuit board across from the other good light.
Anyone got one or know where I can get a replacement without having to buy a whole complete light unit?
Also, has anyone gone down the circuit board repair route?
Any thoughts or offers much appreciated.
Thanks,
M

The Gen2 rear lights usually fail by cracking and letting water in.
They then get replaced - either under warranty or at owners expense.

Have you tried ebay, breakers and gumtree?
If you've a good relationship with your local OPC, they might give you a part they've replaced
That's v rare but I've heard it happens

As little as possible if I'm honest. Someone on this site has offered me a pair for £100 which I will buy if there are no other options but I only need one board.
I was hoping that someone out there might have a damaged light which therefore cannot be sold as a working unit and therefore might be happy just to sell a single circuit board.
Regards,
M

Didn't someone offer you circuit boards the other day?

Yes, as I said earlier, someone did offer me a pair. Whilst I'm waiting to hear back from them, I don't actually need both so wondered if someone might have an individual one to sell.

If I were you, I'd snap up the pair for £100! That's an absolute bargain. The boards should be easily swapped over too as far as I remember...

Worth noting that somewhere down the line the colour of the plastic body of the individual LEDs in the light cluster changed from yellow to clear. Doesn't affect the colour of light when lit but when not lit there is an obvious difference.

When one of my rear lights started leaking enough (both had issues) for a warranty claim, the warranty ended up paying to change the pair to make sure they matched.

Probably more hassle/maybe more expensive but a local electrical tester may be willing to take a look/fix the problem with your existing board.

If it was mine, I would it out. Look for any poor solder points/burnt components. Do the necessary and see if it works.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back