Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Techart Springs - Group Buy

Anyone know roughly what a decent garage would charge to fit these?

antonio said:
-- 997 -- said:
antonio said:
Anyone know roughly what a decent garage would charge to fit these?

Where you based?

Essex/East London

Ok, HP Porsche, in Hainault, ask for Ismail tel. 0208 500 2510

There ex-porsche technicians.. not far from South Woodford, its where i take my car!! And highly recommended!

J

Richtw said:
Its about 6 hours work to remove the shocks remove and refit the springs so bank on about £500 plus VAT depending on where you have the work done!

:thumb:

Ok just recieved an email from Tech9 regards the springs, not clear on how they want payment, direct to their bank as there is details or over the phone, also they need a copy of the letter in the email signed then either sent back by scan or photo!!

Cheers

J

It turns out Tech9 were only able to offer me a 6% discount to £355, saving me £25 versus the £68 saving for you 997 chaps.

My new lighter engine is still being fitted so the TechArt height reduction of 15mm (PASM car) would be a punt on getting the stance to look right. I might well need 30mm in which case the cheaper Eibach Pro-kit would be the answer. :?:

Because of the above facts I have decided to hold off until I get the car back and can make a more informed decision on how much I need to lower it and have emailed to that effect.

:dont know: Just how these things go I guess...

So for those reasons; I'm out :bye:

Received my email and letter today as well. No problem with signing it and paying by bank transfer to be honest as I'm not buying off some unknown on eBay.

What did make me shake my head was the usual issue of what makes up the UK raising its head yet again. It appears TNT believe Northern Ireland isn't in the UK? :roll: Going with ParcelForce instead to keep the delivery charge at nil which ensures I benefit from the full discount. Over here we distinguish the other island with England, Scotland and Wales on it as the UK Mainland.......... :thumb:

Not to worry.

FRZ 911 said:
Received my email and letter today as well. No problem with signing it and paying by bank transfer to be honest as I'm not buying off some unknown on eBay.

What did make me shake my head was the usual issue of what makes up the UK raising its head yet again. It appears TNT believe Northern Ireland isn't in the UK? :roll: Going with ParcelForce instead to keep the delivery charge at nil which ensures I benefit from the full discount. Over here we distinguish the other island with England, Scotland and Wales on it as the UK Mainland.......... :thumb:

Not to worry.

FRZ 911, regards to postage, do we have a choice of what the courier is gonna be? Or whats that about?

Cheers

J

Hi J,

Only applies to me over here in NI. TNT will deliver to mainland addresses without problem so you're fine with Tech9's courier choice. Unfortunately TNT wanted a considerable extra contribution to bring the springs across the water to my house so Tech9 have arranged to use ParcelForce in this instance which means there's no extra postage cost.

FRZ 911 said:
Hi J,

Only applies to me over here in NI. TNT will deliver to mainland addresses without problem so you're fine with Tech9's courier choice. Unfortunately TNT wanted a considerable extra contribution to bring the springs across the water to my house so Tech9 have arranged to use ParcelForce in this instance which means there's no extra postage cost.

Aaaaah, i seee !! Fidnt think it would get that complicated to be shipping something over to NI, but at least they got that covered with Parcel Force!! Good luck with that!!! Gonna call them up today and see if they take payment over the phone etc and hopefully all gets sorted!

J

-- 997 -- said:
FRZ 911 said:
Hi J,

Aaaaah, i seee !! Fidnt think it would get that complicated to be shipping something over to NI, but at least they got that covered with Parcel Force!! Good luck with that!!! Gonna call them up today and see if they take payment over the phone etc and hopefully all gets sorted!

J

Hey J, just paid over the phone.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back