Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 early C2 - Ownership/project thread (cobalt blue)

Prospective buyer for wheels got in touch and he had other priorities which is fair enough so last night I decided to try this with some rubber paint. Had to do it to see if I liked it or not and if not it just peels straight off.

I do think it's a lot less bling than the gold. Actually tempted to do the whole wheel. Maybe a lighter colour to get more detail. Started to snow in the picture :lol: so might be getting tucked away now.

Attachments

• img_20181027_090108_473.jpg
    img_20181027_090108_473.jpg
    736.9 KB · Views: 3,421
  • img_20181027_090157_116.jpg
    img_20181027_090157_116.jpg
    520.8 KB · Views: 3,421
Looks good, a bit more subtle but I prefer the gold :judge:

:thumb:

I love the darker look, for me the gold is a bit Subaru, dare I say it, a bit old fashioned (also I have similar coloured turbo twist wheels on mine....)

Mike.

Gold for me. Makes the car look more special.

The perfect combo would be gold, covered in brake dust and a fly strewn bumper and windscreen. The "just finished Let Mans" look..... :bandit:

8)

What power is it making Graeme?

I used to put all my cars on the rollers to check they were making proper power. It's an anxious few seconds though while they're screaming at full chat.

That day was pretty much bang on 500bhp, but probably closer to 490bhp Id say with my spec. Not bad for an old estate. Had a run in with a new RS6 the other week, he was not gapping me. Love it as its totally different to the 996.

Regards the 996 Im still swithering on bumpers, Im swaying away from anything fiberglass now but cant really afford genuine.

That's quick enough then. :D

I've never had an Audi even though most my mates have. They're on my radar these days as I couldn't be without an estate car now.

A pal in my village has an RS6. It's been for a stage 2 at some company with three letters in its name (excuse the complete noob terminology here :grin:).
He was telling me when I first met him and said it had 730bhp. Obviously my bullsh*t-o-meter went into overdrive but a bit of googling proved me wrong. :D

I fancy it when he sells but I always worry it would make my 996 feel slow and pointless.

I'd just keep doing what you're doing with your car. Perfect little bits and just gather parts as they come up. It looks cool how it is so I wouldn't be busting a gut for an Aerokit.
I wouldn't care though I sold a spare Mk1 aerokit bumper for £180. It had a split underneath but nothing that couldn't be plastic welded.

I also have a spare set of skirts but I'm keeping those and you have your mk2 ones anyway.

Before I went aero I pondered on some sort of splitter to make the standard bumper a bit more aggressive. Could be tricky to stop it looking a bit Halfords though.
I'm sure you'll get there. :thumb:

Sounds like MRC for the RS, they are pretty much the gurus.

I want to take my time but also want to get it fixed soon. I have found a front lip for std bumper that is PU so flexible to an extent.

It looks okay and will tie in with side skirts but questioning the aero kit again. Just not sure. Only photo I can find are of bright colours!

Attachments

• b3ccd70f_6ceb_4e13_bb15_02711c857beb_zpspsa74lbr_813.jpg
    b3ccd70f_6ceb_4e13_bb15_02711c857beb_zpspsa74lbr_813.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 3,616
Of all the aftermarket bumper attachments I've seen, that looks the best.

What is it?

Marky911 said:
That's quick enough then. :D

I've never had an Audi even though most my mates have. They're on my radar these days as I couldn't be without an estate car now.

A pal in my village has an RS6. It's been for a stage 2 at some company with three letters in its name (excuse the complete noob terminology here :grin:).
He was telling me when I first met him and said it had 730bhp. Obviously my bullsh*t-o-meter went into overdrive but a bit of googling proved me wrong. :D

DMS? Abt?

A neighbour had an RS6, the V10 one. Was tuned up, with a stupid Milltek exhaust. Sounded dreadful, a loud, characterless and annoying flat boom at idle, not a lot better on the road either. Went well though.

Yeah the V-10 ones do sound a little flat. TBH I don't really like the noise the newer ones make either.

Another couple of photos of that front lip with Mk2 skirts this time. I think it would work well but I keep changing my mind. Not sure its all getting a bit cobbled together look though. Easy thing is if I don't like it then fairly simple to reverse it.

Attachments

• frontpercent20bumperpercent20996_375.jpg
    frontpercent20bumperpercent20996_375.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 3,538
  • rch_7136percent20large_141.jpg
    rch_7136percent20large_141.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 3,538
  • rch_02417_141.jpg
    rch_02417_141.jpg
    803.1 KB · Views: 3,538

New Threads

Forum statistics