Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Alcantara retrim

spongebob squarepants

Steering wheel retrim, quick turnaround.

For Herman Yellow, looking to get sports design 991 PDK steering wheel retrimmed (with added girth) yellow stitch and 12 o clock band.

Only thing is need a guaranteed quick turnaround by end of November latest and of course a top job! Any ideas?

Jack at Royals I assume.

MC

He did mine in 2 weeks - 10 working day turn around

Thanks chaps, will check on turnaround times :thumb:

New leather with yellow stitching yellow band

OR

New Alcantara with yellow stitching yellow band

:dont know:

Alcantara is nice for the first while but when it starts to wear its ugly. Leather stays 'fresh' for much longer and ages more gracefully. Given your re-sale history, I'd suggest leather.. :)

eabeukes said:
Alcantara is nice for the first while but when it starts to wear its ugly. Leather stays 'fresh' for much longer and ages more gracefully. Given your re-sale history, I'd suggest leather.. :)

:eek: yes leather it is then :eek:

:hand: I would say there is not much in the wear or even alcantara wears better. Alcantara is easy to clean up to new whereas once leather wears it wears. Plus on a hobby car Alcantara just feels more special :wink:

However given the amount Sponge uses his cars I doubt the bubble wrap will come off :wack:

jonttt said:
:hand: I would say there is not much in the wear or even alcantara wears better. Alcantara is easy to clean up to new whereas once leather wears it wears. Plus on a hobby car Alcantara just feels more special :wink:

However given the amount Sponge uses his cars I doubt the bubble wrap will come off :wack:

To be fair the mileage will probably never start with a 3 :grin:. I'm airing towards leather I think, smart with yellow stitching a the old yellow ring.

It's strange normally when I buy a new motor (which is alot) I look around at others and think cr@p I should of bought that one instead! Not the case with Herman Yellow, can't find anything I'd rather have! WTF!!

Plus now I've told mrs Sponge it seems real :eek:

That's odd. I'm in no way affiliated to jack but coincidentally I emailed him about a retrim earlier this week and his comms and rate were great (just like when I used him for my m3 two years ago). Not sure what's gone on - but be sure the email isn't in your junk folder
sim996 said:
jonttt said:
As above, tried and tested solution on many car forums :thumb:

http://royalsteeringwheels.com/

Binned him off after his appalling lack of communication.

I'll be using this guy for my gear knob.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/272679976205

I am with Jonitt on Alcantara , when you clean it it comes up like new, feels great with a better grip than leather . at minimum if you can't bring yourself to go with Alcantara at least consider the 12 o'clock in yellow Alcantara. :thumb: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
I am with Jonitt on Alcantara , when you clean it it comes up like new, feels great with a better grip than leather . at minimum if you can't bring yourself to go with Alcantara at least consider the 12 o'clock in yellow Alcantara. :thumb: :thumb:

Alcantara = mole skin, Euughh!!

Spongebob I had mine done at royal and very pleased.

Have you picked up your car or are you having it done before you pick her up?

I only ask as I'm near to redline and have an account with a parcel carrier so could send it for you :thumb: just like to give a bit back to the forum :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back