Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ebay Litronic issues

maldren

I've bought a pair of Litronic facelift headlamps from different vendors.

Lamp 1 is fine but it came with the washer removed. Having tried to get it back I can wee why. Anyone done it? What sequence do the parts go back in?

The other light was damaged in transit. The projector assembly had come loose. I'm following up with the vendor but it seems a shame not to be able to fix it. Has anyone ever taken one apart and rebuilt it?

thanks
Mike

Can you post some pictures please of whats broken .. do you mean headlight washer is missing ? is this the outer cover or the nozzle as well ? again a picture please so i can see whats actually missing.

Not sure it's much help but on the 996.1 (pre facelift) the washer is seperate from the headlamp and fixed to the bodywork under the bumper cover via a bracket and two bolts. The washers are handed. Replacement is straightforward enough but requires front PU to be removed.

Thanks Iain
Here are the washer components. It seems that I need to put the 2 seals in place first and the jet/chrome cover are fitted from the outside after the remainder is in place.

However, it's very hard to get the main body into place. Am I correct about putting the seals in first and do I try to put the main body in in one piece or do I fit the part that goes through the lens first and then fit the larger part?

thanks
Mike

Attachments

• dsc03359_205.jpg
    dsc03359_205.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 1,633
I have stripped my Litronic's down and it is very fiddly in that there is no guide out there and knowing the cost to replace you have to tip toe through the strip down and don't force anything as there are clips and screws which aren't obvious at first. I think I did a write up on here somewhere but unsure where it is.

Found it, it's in the 996 FAQ's http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=124477

Many thanks both.
Iain,
looks like it's what I thought, tricky to get the main body in, I'll have another go today.

IS,
Perfect, this is just what I was hoping for. Now to dig in and see what the courier managed to (hopefully) dislodge or break.

Both lights now fixed, many thanks again Iain and IS.

Fitting the washer mechanism is tricky, to fit the part that goes through the front lens you really need longer fingers than I have. Eventually I used a fine bladed old kitchen knife to guide it into the seal and then pulled it into place from the outside. For the other, larger part, fit the rear seal first and then wetting it with soapy water helps it slide in much more easily.

Stripping the light down was greatly helped by IS's thread. The only thing that wasn't obvious is how the beam adjusters fit through the side of the light. Loosen the inner part as described by IS and pull it out about 2mm, you can then release the adjusters out from the outside of the light. You can then slide the inner part out completely. Fit in reverse.

My light had obviously been thrown around in transit and on the main beam assembly the pivot balls had come out of the sockets. The metal heat shield between the main and dip beam had also come off, looks like it had some sort of soft, rubbery glue to hold it in place so I used Uhu rather Araldite. All refitted and working fine although I'm sure the beams will need adjustment.

Interestingly, I didn't need to make any wiring adjustments to get the main beam and fog lights to work with the Litronics, it really is plug and play on my 2003 facelift car.

Mike

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back