Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Latest Pistonheads article

Alex

Have you read the reader's comments? Hence why I don't bother with PH.

alex yates said:
Have you read the reader's comments? Hence why I don't bother with PH.

I never really get why people feel the need to be complete ******* about a car they have never seen or the person that owns it has done nothing to them, why affect the sale of someone's car just to be a smart ar53.

It looks like quite a sorted car for the price to me especially with the full rebuild and suspension refresh, ok the front seats look like the miles but that's an easy sort.

The article and PH comments are boringly predictable. Nothing to see, move along...

I'm surprised no one mentioned a Golf R, as this seems to be the stock response in any PH thread.

Plus points: Hartech rebuild with closed-deck conversion, MO30 refresh, LSD, cable throttle, GT3 console delete
Negatives: Cabin is shabby and ruffled leather makes it age badly, carpets should be swapped for a fresh set (not expensive and helps with interior 'feel'), No mention of gearbox or LSD works - at this age its unlikely to be at its best.

Reason PH doesnt like it? Its not under £10k, and that lot is pissed they missed the boat.
:floor:

Euthanising 95% of the registered users on PH would do the world a huge favour, it's one of the densest concentrations of terrible human beings outside of The Daily Stormer.

Dammit said:
Euthanising 95% of the registered users on PH would do the world a huge favour, it's one of the densest concentrations of terrible human beings outside of The Daily Stormer.

While this would be good for the population as a whole, there would then be a glut of really crappy cars up for sale driving prices down everywhere. On the plus side, I could get everyone in my family a decent Golf if that happened and still have change left over to refresh my gearbox :thumb:

That would be the perfect car if I decided to "change down" to a C2. Not sure why people are bagging on it so much - the issues left over are the easiest to rectify

I saw the article, read it and the comments,

Then I remembered that PH is the collective wisdom of morons, and felt a sense of shame for looking at PH in the first place.

I'm sure it used to good at some point in the past.

I am the owner and vendor - thanks for the kind words.

Gearbox seems to work as it should with no funny noises. As for the LSD - I have to be honest and say I didn't even know it had one until I checked the option codes recently! I drive with a degree of mechanical sympathy (on the road at least) and with the inherent traction I haven't 'felt' it. I appreciate that many need rebuilding by 120K miles though.

I have just read the PH comments....was slightly disappointed. Was expecting the 996 to get a proper trashing.....Have read far worse on PH :pc:

Whilst there was there was the odd moron (you get them everywhere), there were some reasonably balanced comments. I think most people could read that thread and make a reasonable judgement on the car.

Having said that, if it was my car for sale, I dont think I would appreciate the negatives. :oops:

In a P'heads style "Haterz gonna hate". :grin:

I gave up with P'heads years ago although I've just posted today. :eek:

I browse the Porsche forum maybe once a week and the readers cars section sometimes has some good content. Apart from that it's dead now. As is always the way with something good, it got too big and the decency and intellect all but vanished.

PH is the Daily Mail of car forums, PH has some genuinely nice and well informed people on it. Sadly it is also filled with *****. Saying that I was on PH for many years under various logins. So hey....

Just been reading that thread. Seems a decent car but the interior would need some money spending on it. Cant stand ruffled leather and especially if it is shagged

Personally, after spending a heap of money on mine this year my view is that we're at a tipping point. Not many around that will have the money spent that is needed to maintain fully. When I bought mine 3 years ago the majority of "great examples" we're in fact a pile of crap. Lots of high mileage stuff around today if you want a bargain like the car on PH. Another £5K on that and you would have a very sorted car. For me - I am glad why I bought when I did and I may break even if I sell before the next recession! (which I may if someone offered me a good price).

I started on PH before here .. some Very knowledgeable people there but i found i was treading on tip toes half the time waiting for an arguement ..

I was glad to have found here :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back