Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

20 years old, 136k miles, and never failed an MOT

wasz

My car is an MY99 with a build date of November 1998. For its 20th birthday this morning it was treated to an MOT.

6h40Oza.png

Not even an advisory for the past few years.

Huzzah

:thumbs: Spot on!

Excellent! A credit to the current owner :thumbs:

Good work, mine was the same with a perfect pass and no advisory history.

Then one year it failed on a number plate bulb which I'd checked a couple of hours before. Typical :sad: I said to the tester why didn't you just put a bulb in and he said the inspectors were all over him because his pass rate was too high, they weren't interested in the fact that his rate is so high because most of his clientele are sados like me who keep their car in good nick lol

Since then it's had an advisory because the pads were low but I don't count that,

Nice one Wasz. :thumb:

You just made me check my cars birthday (well, "on the road birthday") and I've missed it. It was 20 years old last month.

It's had advisories while I've owned it as they were jobs I wanted to wait and tackle as part of a bigger project, bushes etc. There won't be any from now though.

Well apart from the obligatory "Undertrays fitted". :wink:

Nice one Wasz. Shows a good mechanical appreciation I reckon.

I take a certain perverse pleasure when non-porsche people look incredulous at the information that the car is 20 years old

Think Pink Lai did a great job. Anyway same headlamps fitted to the GT1 right?

Thanks all! Always a relief when it passes again....

Marky911 said:
Nice one Wasz. :thumb:

You just made me check my cars birthday (well, "on the road birthday") and I've missed it. It was 20 years old last month.

It's had advisories while I've owned it as they were jobs I wanted to wait and tackle as part of a bigger project, bushes etc. There won't be any from now though.

Well apart from the obligatory "Undertrays fitted". :wink:

To get a build date I emailed Porsche UK as there was some confusion with my car - imported UK spec as it was original supplied to the channel islands, "Date first registered" was late '99, from the VIN it was MY99 yet I got an S plate when the sellers old private plate came off. I was expecting a T.

They told me the build date was Nov '98, its MY99 and 's' reg ran until February '99 so its correct as it was delivered early '99. First reg date is related to UK reg date.

Weird UK market rules where nobody registers a car a month or two before letter change doesn't apply in the channel islands! Maybe they change letters with the new year, hence holding a Nov 98 build car back till '99 to register it ('first use").

Doesn't explain "LPG" fuel though on the V5.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back