Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Owner

:thumb:

No problem - we're all in it together :)

seacow said:
its recently had MO30 suspension fitted which is a little hard but on the Moffat to Edinburgh road home was fantastic - and I was taking it easy being day 1!

Nice MO30 and Turbo wheels, check your tyre pressures and I don't want to start a debate as I know some ^ subscribe to factory recommendations but I certainly run mine about 4 PSI under all round on brand new PS2's other wise the ride is rock hard :thumb:

:wave: He means me.

I don't think it's wise to soften your tyres below factory spec to compensate for stiff suspension. It just doesn't make sense.

alex yates said:
:wave: He means me.

I don't think it's wise to soften your tyres below factory spec to compensate for stiff suspension. It just doesn't make sense.

:bye: :thumb:

Lovely car. Sounds like it'll be a cherished car from here on. Congratulations and welcome to Porsche world.

Welcome :thumb: another 2001 joins the club (the best looking ones in my opinion) :worship:

My argument for softer pressures is that the factory settings have to cover high speed motoring, pressures required for 175 mph are higher than for 70.

Quite a few dealers recommend lower pressures for normal road use and I agree but it is a personal choice.

maldren said:
My argument for softer pressures is that the factory settings have to cover high speed motoring, pressures required for 175 mph are higher than for 70.

Quite a few dealers recommend lower pressures for normal road use and I agree but it is a personal choice.

996's are terrible on factroy pressures. Much better with at least 4psi less than recommended... handling and ride massively improved.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back