Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The Harry''s Garage 993 GT2 rep for sale...

Robertb

One for you 993 hounds.
Lots of nice pics- Looks fantastic! I wonder how much...
https://www.thehairpincompany.co.uk/for-sale/1995-porsche-993-turbo-4-'gt2'

I hope the description of Harry's car is more accurate than the 996 Gt3 they have for sale.

Clearly not a clubsport in anyway and these guys are supposed to be experts?
:dont know:

I think their pricing would be 'aspirational' too. Judging by the presence of the dreaded POA.

But the blue 993RS :cloud9:

£165k

911UK said:

If correct that doesn't sound too outrageous. Genuine GT2 parts are very hard / expensive to come by, though I guess a bit easier 7 years ago!

the thing is its missing a proper GT2 chassis to match... seam welded + sunroof delete

mechanics and the parts list check out but getting the chassis to a gt2 spec rigidity isn't a cheap affair....

There seems to be a number of folk selling their cherished cars at the moment. I wonder if Harry and others are seeing the top of the market.

Johnd52 said:
There seems to be a number of folk selling their cherished cars at the moment. I wonder if Harry and others are seeing the top of the market.

The ad says Harry Metcalfe has a new Jag Project 8 coming, so its making way for that.

Robertb said:
Johnd52 said:

The ad says Harry Metcalfe has a new Jag Project 8 coming, so its making way for that.

Yes, saw that, but he has had the Jag for a couple of months and I wondered what triggered his desire to sell the Porsche rather than one of the many others. Idle curiosity on my part really.

Robertb said:
I think their pricing would be 'aspirational' too. Judging by the presence of the dreaded POA.

blue 993 RS "only" 295,000 grand. Think that may well have been Chris Harris' old car. Was v.surprised by asking price hadn't realised they'd gone over 150,000 - 200,000 which is how much they were when I last looked.

That GT2 rep is worth circa 80,000 tops IMO. 165,000 v.optimistic. I think this is whats wrong with the classic car mkt. A newbie punter could buy that car from Hairpin thinking it would maybe be a solid place to put their money but the truth is any potential buyer at 165,000 would lose > half their investment. In fact doubt anyone in the trade would even bid on her.

IMI A said:
Robertb said:

blue 993 RS "only" 295,000 grand. Think that may well have been Chris Harris' old car. Was v.surprised by asking price hadn't realised they'd gone over 150,000 - 200,000 which is how much they were when I last looked.

That GT2 rep is worth circa 80,000 tops IMO. 165,000 v.optimistic. I think this is whats wrong with the classic car mkt. A newbie punter could buy that car from Hairpin thinking it would maybe be a solid place to put their money but the truth is any potential buyer at 165,000 would lose > half their investment. In fact doubt anyone in the trade would even bid on her.

Interestingly, £295k inflation adjusted to 1995 is £161,000. Not a million miles from the £141k list of a new 991 GT3 RS.

But yes, totally agree that that GT2 rep looks expensive... worth arguably less than an original LHD 993TT in my opinion.

Robertb said:
IMI A said:
Robertb said:

Interestingly, £295k inflation adjusted to 1995 is £161,000. Not a million miles from the £141k list of a new 991 GT3 RS.

But yes, totally agree that that GT2 rep looks expensive... worth arguably less than an original LHD 993TT in my opinion.

GT2 rep would be a lovely drivers car at the right money. Maybe I'm being harsh it looks lovely. £100k arm chair valuation man maths kicking in as its had a bucket load of cash thrown at upgrades :D

Yeah I think £80k is a tad harsh, I'd buy it at that. In fact I'd buy at £100k too in fairness - first thing I'd do is get rid of the sunroof and those awful side skirts :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back