Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Carbon build up

Andyspencer100

Anyone know if the 958 diesel has any of the carbon buildup issues the VW's have in the intakes and EGR's?

Has anyone pulled the top off to take a look?

Yup .. i think there was a mod to expand the limits for the check light issue due to poor flow through of the gasses ..

It would be a software fix if so and probably an OPC job .

Mine has 76k on the clock. And really only ever had motorway miles, so actually I don't have any engine lights or anything I just think that it's probably worth a pull of the intakes and egr and a dam good cleanup!

I'd do it on the 997 gen 2 as well.

As soon as I get my driveway finished and can get into the garage I'll do it. Are there any how too's For the 958 diesel?

Ive only ever changed one egr setup on a cayenne .. various fins inside and not something that could really be cleaned .. if no code or eml then you dont really have a problem.

Most of the headaches come with a DPF filter .. regen on this all depends on how you drive the car .. we can force a regen but only if its inside of limits .. pain in the ass for save the planet stuff !

Im all for save the planet stuff though .. just for anyone whos going to moan at me ;)

deMort said:
Ive only ever changed one egr setup on a cayenne .. various fins inside and not something that could really be cleaned .. if no code or eml then you dont really have a problem.

Most of the headaches come with a DPF filter .. regen on this all depends on how you drive the car .. we can force a regen but only if its inside of limits .. pain in the ass for save the planet stuff !

Im all for save the planet stuff though .. just for anyone whos going to moan at me ;)

so, how do you force a regen ?

I think the remains resonation is from the exhaust somewhere, it gets worse when hot. I't really stumping me. loose baffle maybe?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back