Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bonnet badge...

Osh

Good start to the day, NOT!

woke up this morning to find that, overnight, some low life **** has nicked the Porsche bade off the bonnet of my car...

Any recommendations on where to get new ones. From Porsche, I believe, they are over £100 each. Will also need the grommet that goes underneath.

Ta all

Osh

Wow, cant believe someone did that.... +1 breakers will be the best bet

£40 on eBay

Morning all

just thought i'd give you an update on this. So i managed to buy a replacement bonnet badge off eBay and, for a thousand reasons, didn't get round to fitting it until Tuesday of last week (yes, i know the utter shame of driving around for months without one!)

anyway, my P&J was looking stunning with the replacement badge fitted... :thumb:

Got up up yesterday and noticed that, overnight, it had been stolen. Again. It was defo there on Saturday...

To my mind its probably the same person; don't think it would be one of my neighbours as I get on with them really quite well.

So feeling very pissed off this morning... :x

Osh

That's seriously shitty!

I'd maybe consider running with a GT3 RS badge for a while until the lowlife moves on
- the GT3 RS badge is a sticker! enjoy harvesting that!

Cheers Demon

the sad thing is the C**t who is doing this doesn't care about the damage they are doing to my car; each time they've used a sharp implement to lift the badge off - leaving the badge studs in place but scratching the bonnet each time.

i think putting a sticker on wouldn't deter them scratching the bonnet again just to pull it off... :sad:

Osh

Sorry to hear this - there really are some sad ***** around! It looks to me like this individual regularly walks by your car hence the loss of the second badge so quickly? Might be dodgey logic but, if right, how about a dash cam that has parking mode? It should be triggered by people moving close to the car and would at least let you see who's regularly walking by and taking an interest in your bonnet?

I'd put a cardboard cutout of the badge on with blue tack just to entice them. It looks like it'll keep happening until the ***** either loses interest or is strung up by someone.

Wire the next one up to the mains... :eek:

Edited as I just see yours disappeared twice. *****

I closed my bonnet a few weeks back and the badge was missing - it was lying up beside the wipers. The brazing that hold the pins on to the badge had corroded. Had it not happened in front of my eyes, I would have believed someone had nicked it. There was no sign of tampering or someone levering under it to try and Nick it.

I got out the dremmel and cleaned up the mating faces on the pins and back of the badge and used metal glue to reattach - saving myself £100. Phew....

Regardless - yours may not have been nicked. It may have just liberated itself like mine did - just on the road as opposed to the driveway.

Back of bonnet badge

Attachments

• 796f11b3_0fe6_43a4_ba4b_7154f5c05abb_470.jpeg
    796f11b3_0fe6_43a4_ba4b_7154f5c05abb_470.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 2,899

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back