Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Just got myself a new turbo 😁😁

NickHappy said:
I think I'm going to love this car.... :grin:

At last pics ... was that after a wash and polish :grin:
Beautiful looking car Nick - well done :thumb:

Ooh... Nice colour. Don't think I've ever seen a 997 Turbo in Lapis Blue. Most blue ones seem to be Cobalt.

Congratulations. They're fantastic cars :thumbs:

Very nice :thumb:

But Errm... :grin:

Attachments

• capture_250.jpg
    capture_250.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 5,324
That is such a nice looking car. I love lapis blue! Hope you're enjoying it!

Good compromise on black Nick; think that looks more alive!

NickHappy said:

Car looks stunning enjoy, black does suit the 997 turbo for sure but like you, I couldn't resist a blue one .
I went for colbolt blue love it.

Every time I walk away I have to take a 2nd look.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Attachments

• capture_991.jpg
    capture_991.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 3,370
Scholester said:
Looks stunning in Lapis.
How does it compare dinamically to its older brother?
I have promised myself to use mine more this year as they are great driving machines. Not sure why some say the Turbo is too quick for the road as they are truely happy at any speed.
One thing I would look at would be the fitting of a quality sports exhaust and replacement of any associated fixings with better quality items. Stealth is fine but they do need an uprated soundtrack in my mind.

Thanks for the compliments Gents - you already know a good thing though :thumb:

Comparisons so far is that it just feels a lot easier to drive at slower speeds and you don't realise what the power is available until you drop the hammer!!

Definitely know what you mean ref. sports exhaust, had a Dansk on my 996 and quite liked the sound of that. Any ideas on what is decent for a 997?

Will be a while before I do that though.

adamw said:
NickHappy said:

At last pics ... was that after a wash and polish :grin:
Beautiful looking car Nick - well done :thumb:

No!! Still needs doing, the paintwork needs some attention but that's a 4 day job once I've got the clay bars and polish out.... :lol:

tgdesign said:
NickHappy said:

Car looks stunning enjoy, black does suit the 997 turbo for sure but like you, I couldn't resist a blue one .
I went for colbolt blue love it.

Every time I walk away I have to take a 2nd look.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Lovely looking car - Like the PCCB too :thumb:

Cobalt and Lapis Blue look stunning guys :thumbs:

NickHappy said:
Scholester said:
Looks stunning in Lapis.
How does it compare dinamically to its older brother?
I have promised myself to use mine more this year as they are great driving machines. Not sure why some say the Turbo is too quick for the road as they are truely happy at any speed.
One thing I would look at would be the fitting of a quality sports exhaust and replacement of any associated fixings with better quality items. Stealth is fine but they do need an uprated soundtrack in my mind.

Thanks for the compliments Gents - you already know a good thing though :thumb:

Comparisons so far is that it just feels a lot easier to drive at slower speeds and you don't realise what the power is available until you drop the hammer!!

Definitely know what you mean ref. sports exhaust, had a Dansk on my 996 and quite liked the sound of that. Any ideas on what is decent for a 997?

Will be a while before I do that though.
'Drop the hammer' :grin:
I went with Kline Stainless Steel with 200 Cell cats. Much improved sound over stock and Felix will do you a good deal if you email him direct.
I think Top Gear do some good kit too so do some digging and start saving the pennies.

Now the winter nights are drawing in and I'm not out and about so much at the weekends this is the ideal time to get into some 'preventative maintenance" going. :grin: In other words any excuse to take your P&J to bits and put it back together. Sometimes wish I was a car mechanic for a living 😁

First off I took the front PU off and went about cleaning up the condensers and Rads; as all of you know so much crud gets in but not a big deal cleaning it out. Have to say the condition of the Rads and Condeners is pretty good for an 11 year old car once I taken the time to give them a good hoover out. The centre rad is shagged though, no sign of any coolant loss or leaks so something I think I will put on the backburner until early next year.

Something else that had been bothering me since I had taken ownership was the state of the Bells on the Brake discs. All the discs had been changed by the previous owner approximately a year ago at an OPC, not long ago but the condition of them didn't reflect that and I think this is a common characteristic but with these wheels the eye gets drawn to the contrast of nice wheels then, rusty brakes!

I went about masking everything up and even went to the bother of masking the entire car as spray paint can get everywhere. I treated them to a little primer first and then went for a high temperature aluminium finish, looks OK I think and looks decent with the wheels back on. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back