Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 led rear light repair

Britince

My rear light has failed. I'm looking at buying a used one which has a chipped fascia. Should I be able to transfer the working internals from this into my undamaged casing?

Britince said:
My rear light has failed. I'm looking at buying a used one which has a chipped fascia. Should I be able to transfer the working internals from this into my undamaged casing?

You can only change the electronic boards which i have 2 off if thats what you need as i took some out of an old cluster set i had! but to change the LED lights no!! You have to crack plastic and most likely damage to take the lights out as,

Best bet is to buy a new set from porsche, they are cheap now!!

If its the circuit boards you need then i have...

J

You can remove the reverse light cluster part, and as mentioned the circuit boards. But i tried the LED panel and got so far but its plastic welded in if i remember correctly.

How "cheap" are they from Porsche now? Were plus £300 when i looked last year.

Fixed mine with some clear paint protection film and they haven't fogged up since.

Light circuit board

Thanks guys.
Suzuka- thanks for the offer of the circuit board. Would love to try to see if this would fix the problem rather than buy a new unit (about £490 from Porsche)
Please let me know the best way to arrange this.
Thanks again,
Martin

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back