Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

After Sales Service from an OPC

As usual.... Cheers deMort... great feedback from the horses mouth as such.... also thanks to all others that have commented.... I'll await the verdict from Porsche GB...

So..... Many thanks to all for the varied replies....

As expected Porsche UK showed their true colors... I made it "very" clear i'm a seasoned Petrolhead and know my stuff, and to be sent a Youtube link to explain brake squeal is quite frankly insulting.

The guy from the Porsche UK Customer Service is clearly an 18 years old and leaves for the day getting into his 1.0 Corsa as he sure knows nothing about Customer Service or Performance cars, I don't expect this from a performance marque who charge the earth for their cars and service and who clearly have zero customer service to give.... i'm beyond livid!!!

My slightly edited email string below....

MY INITIAL REQUEST I LOGGED ON THE PORSCHE UK CUSTOMER SERVICE WEBPAGE

I recently came back to Porsche after having three 911's in the past and bought a 2013 Cayenne Turbo from Porsche Centre East London.

I was dealt with by xxxxx, the sale went well and I collected the car on 18th October. xxxxxx was on holiday from 22nd October for the week so I awaited his return as there is two items I'd like fixed/looked at.

I spoke to xxxx on Monday 29th October and mentioned that since I collected the Cayenne the brakes were squealing badly and i wanted it rectified. there was no immediate "of course sir I can get that done"... what he said was "our 11 point check would have picked up any issues and have you tried braking hard a few times as the cars been sitting for a while" I'm far from stupid in the car world after 3 previous Porsches, 2 Lamborghinis, various Mercedes AMG models and Audi RS models to name a few so when he said that I quite frankly insulted and said similar words to xxxx.

As I'm sure you're aware, brake squeal is from worn pads/discs or simply the brake pads need de-glazing and anti-squeal compound applied, probably the latter in this case. I also mentioned that I'd of thought that any OPC used vehicle should of had the PCM maps upgraded to the latest maps prior to sale but my vehicle is still running 2013 maps,

xxxx mentioned there would be a charge for this to myself which I do not agree with and I'd like this upgraded. I'm looking for your help to get these 2 simply items rectified at Porsche Centre East London's expense as I don't expect after spending £43,000 for a 33,000 mile vehicle this should be at my cost or any used vehicle after such a short time of ownership. I live 80 miles and nearly 2 hours away from Porsche Centre East London but I'm willing to travel to them and take a courtesy car whilst they carry out this work. I hope you can help me with my request and contact xxxx or his Sales Manager to get this simple request rectified as I feel I've been let down by the lack of his Porsche Customer service skills. I look forward to your reply on these 2 matters
Best Regards xxxxxxx

Good Morning xxxxx
Thank you for contacting Porsche Cars Great Britain.
I am sorry to hear of your concerns regarding your vehicles brake squealing as well as your vehicle not having the latest version of maps.
In regards to your vehicles brake squeal I have added the below video link which I hope assists in explaining the brake squeal that may occur, the video will explain that brake squeal may occur when the energy of motion is converted into heat and minute vibrations which then dissipate throughout the brake system.

This can sometimes be thought to be a malfunction although this is infrequently the case. I hope the below video helps to explain this in greater detail.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUNHb9O52WQ

I have contacted Porsche Centre East London to discuss the total cost to have the brake pads stripped and deglazed as well as applying the Maps software update.
The costs for the above work on the brake pads is £576.00 and the cost for the maps software update is £216.00, as a gesture of goodwill Porsche Cars Great Britain will be able to contribute £192.00 including VAT towards the work carried out on the brake pads or Software update.
To use the £192.00 goodwill gesture from Porsche Cars Great Britain please quote the following reference number to Porsche Centre East London - xxxxxxx
I hope this assists you, if you have any further questions please let me know.
Thank you for contacting Porsche Cars Great Britain.
Kindest Regards

Personal Case Manager
Porsche Customer Assistance Centre
On behalf of Porsche Cars Great Britain Ltd
Bath Road, Calcot, Reading, RG31 7SE
Phone: 03457 911 911
Email: [email protected]

Good Morning xxx,

I'm totally gobsmacked that a premium vehicle brand doesn't look after their customers better.
I expect Porsche East London to put my issues right at their cost, chatting on a well known Porsche Forum that I've been a member of for 10 years plus everyone agrees the squealing should not happen.. I've had many performance cars and the only ones that have squealed albeit ceramic brakes have been Porsche, even my 2 911 C4s "big red" brakes didn't squeal.
I'm also very surprised that you being the main Porsche dealer can't enforce such an action as such.
I'm disgusted with the service I've received, I suggest Porsche East London uses the £192 towards customer service training for xxxxxx.

Regards xxxx

Good Morning

Thank you for your email.

If you feel the video link in my previous email did not answer your query, you can of course book your vehicle in with Porsche Centre East London for your concerns to be addressed further.

The Service department of Porsche Centre East London will be able to contact you after your vehicle is assessed further to discuss their findings and how they can assist going forward.

I am sorry I could not help further personally, if you have any further questions please let me know.

So I guess I'll get mixed replies to this, but for me, I'm totally disgusted with Porsche UK and Porsche East London, they have zero customer skills. I've never ever experienced this from any other brand I've had and quite frankly if it wasn't for the warranty I have they'd never see me again.

Porsche - You have a huge amount to learn from most other brands about customer service, stop hiding behind your herritage as your cars are shxt at times.

"stop hiding behind your herritage as your cars are shxt at times". Well said. Porsche have been doing this since 1997 when they traded in engineering excellence for maximising profit margins, mass producing their cars & diversifying into family salons & SUV's.

I have found the OPC's pretty bad, but most car dealers are period, I was expecting more from Porsche but in reality, it's just an excuse to charge more with their name....

I'm likely moving away from Porsche next year as I've not found them very reliable and very VHM. Some indies are good but the bits are so expensive

The whole bore scoring thing is not good (not happened to me) but the cars suffer more design flaws than previous marques I've had by some margin, I suppose the excuse is they are more sporty but really is lack of QA. I was (still am to some degree) in the design business.

nice coffee at OPC's is the only plus point

I only came back to Porsche as I wanted a performance 4x4. Looked at X5M but i'm not a BMW fan...already owned an ML63... Range Rover don't do it for me and more problems than any other 4x4, so that left the only other cars I like the Macan and Cayenne. To be honest the car I have is pretty good and is what I want if these very "simple" things were sorted by the OPC.

It is what it is with these prestige dealers, if you don't drop 100+k on a vehicle like your having a coffee they're not interested.

I'm sure if the likes of Chris Harris or another well known guy or gal had my issues this thread wouldn't even be here and they'd of had a loan spaceship stocked with caviar and Bollinger whilst their car was fixed and licked clean!

Baldguy, if it's any consolation, Range Rover (JLR) main dealers are largely incompetent fools. Sorry, probably doesn't help but I think the local monopoly that franchised dealers enjoy makes them lazy and arrogant. The only brand that seems any good at customer service, in my experience is Lexus, but they aren't exactly "performance" SUV's of course.

If you think Porsche are bad and you have the time you can read my experience with Range Rover following a complete engine seizure two weeks after a first service :roll:

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic37970.html

Ps I don;t condone my actions (but it was fun at the time ). I still feel sorry for the loaner :grin:

The only dealer ive been impressed with is Mercedes, to visit the dealer in Macclesfield is a pleasure, I'm almost willing something to go wrong with the car!
Recently had the lamba sensor go, phoned Sat, they fitted it in the Monday morning, the parts weren't in stock and they phoned to say they would need to keep it longer, no problem I said but I'm out the country today, within half an hr he had changed things around and had it ready the same day, very apologetic he didnt have the parts in stock, proper service!!!

And coffee, tea, juice, biscuits, snacks, papers.....

JLR or Porsche? We can fit it in in 3 weeks sir
:eek:

jonttt said:
If you think Porsche are bad and you have the time you can read my experience with Range Rover following a complete engine seizure two weeks after a first service :roll:

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic37970.html

Ps I don;t condone my actions (but it was fun at the time ). I still feel sorry for the loaner :grin:

I assume that was crankshaft failure? It's a common fault, I had it on my 2010 Discovery with the same 3.0 V6 engine that you had, repair bill was near £18k.

I'm now in a 2014 Disco with the same engine, the warranty runs out in February and there's no way I'll keep the car without one, not a chance. LR were horrendous with me regarding the crankshaft in my first one, treated me like something on the bottom of their shoe. The problem is well documented across LR forums and LR are consistently bad with dealing with it.

Yep, as I think I referred to in the FF thread there are lots of similarities to Porsche and the 996 engine ie known documented fault with they would not acknowledge, fix under warranty but leave owners high and dry outside of warranty.

I believe in the L405 the engine was partly revised yet still suffered from the same failures :wack: They then seem to have finally sorted it post 16 cars :dont know:

The FFRR was the best all round car I've ran but I would never dream of owning one out of warranty.

Yeah I absolutely love my Disco, it's the perfect family vehicle and mine gets used off road too where it's sublime. It's pretty much as comfy as you can get whilst still being able to go anywhere, the ideal car alongside a 911!

I've no idea what to replace it with, I really don't like the service LR provide I've been lied to and all sorts, but nothing else comes close as far as I'm concerned. The crankshaft repair bill is £18k which really puts the 911 bore score rebuild price into perspective! Having been on the receiving end of the Disco blowing up, if it happened in my 911 it would seem like a cheap repair in comparison!

I've got my eyes on one for SWMBO in 12 months :wink:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back